No announcement yet.

1.8T / 2.0T TFSi Coil Conversion Harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To anyone thinking off changing from distributor to coil packs on their 3B, i can highly recommend the harness that Alex "Error 404" supplies. The quality of these harnesses are first class and fit perfectly. The instructions given for installation was clear and concise and did not have one issue. For the money these are worth every penny!

All in all a quality product!

I was initially going to make an ECU adapter harness from 3B to ABY but in the end opted for hanging out in the passenger footwell for a few hours. Once started the job did not take too long, 2 hours or so and pleased to say back pain was not as bad as i thought it was going to be!

Glad to say the car started first time following the conversion, well, after plugging the MAF back in it did, hehe.

Comment

Hi do you have one available for a 1996 urs6, Thanks Paul
      Urs6 avant nogaro
      s2 avant

Comment

Hi Paul, I can get one to you for the weekend
        PM me mate

Alex
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Spot on, How can I pay?
          Urs6 avant nogaro
          s2 avant

Comment

PM sent
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

HI, I'm having a problem with the conversion. When I connect coils 1,2 or 3, a 20 amp fuse is blowing when I put the ignition on. Usually when I put the ignition on the fuel pump primes for around 4 seconds (bosch 044), ecu light flashes and zetronic screen goes on. With 1,2 or 3 coil connected nothing happens then after those 4 seconds the fuse goes. The ecu on the car is an emerald. Could this be a case of adjusting the map or could there be a short in the wiring?

Comment

Hi there, you'll have to forgive me if I've forgotten, but I don't think I supplied you with one of my kits

I would certainly start by checking the +12v power supplies for those coils - it sounds like a short. Of course it could be any of the other loads fed from the same fuse too
                I would also check that your ECU is wired into the engine harness correctly
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Not sure from where i got this kit as it's been a while at me.
                  The power supply and ecu wiring is fine as the car worked well before I went to change the system.
                  It should be a straight forward swap but when I went to start the car I came across this problem.
                  With 4 and 5 coils connected everything primes well.
                  My bet is that there is a short in the 1,2 and 3 wiring loom will check it tomorrow and hopefully find something

Comment

If you send me a picture I can tell you if it's mine or not, but you're not on my list

Here is some info anyway

Pin 1 on the coil connector is +12v
                    Pin 2 is ECU ground
                    Pin 3 is trigger signal
                    Pin 4 is engine ground

Try continuity test

You can also test your engine harness for a short. All the terminals in the white T3 connectors are +12v
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Ok will do so. Thanks for your help

Comment

• Fitted my new harness and TFSI coils yesterday morning in about 20 minutes. A quick test run showed that my previous ignition cut out under boost had gone so I'm a happy man.

The harness itself looks very professional, fitted a treat and Alex was a pleasure to deal with. Definitely recommended.

Cheers

David
                        1994 16v Coupe - Sold on and sadly missed
                        1994 S2 Avant - Warmed up a bit
                        1995 A6 Avant - Dag Dag Delight

Comment

• Thanks David, happy to help
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• PM sent

Comment

• Replied
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Do you have any more of these conversion harnesses?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X