1.8T / 2.0T TFSi Coil Conversion Harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.8T / 2.0T TFSi Coil Conversion Harness

I have recently made one of these for a forum member and can make more if there is interest.

Made using all OEM specification materials:

AMP, Bosch & FEP connector housings
    Crimped AMP terminals
    AMP wire seals
    Bosch rubber flex boots
    High temp (105°c) thin-wall PVC coated copper cable
    Silicon coated knitted glass fibre heat resistant (180°c) sleeving

I believe this to be the highest specification harness available anywhere.

Price fluctuates due to Euro exchange rate - all components sourced from the UK or Germany - no China crap here.

Current price £165 delivered in the UK.
    Last edited by Error404; 11 February 2020, 22:59.
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

no-one wants one of these?
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Guys this is top notch... Believe me. If you are going to do the conversion get one made up by Alex.

Comment

no Alex, full of messers, i found this out too

you got a closeup of the wiring? is the weave a fine weave or coarse?
        1993 URS4 Avant Emerald Green 350+bhp
        1991 Ford Sierra Sapphire 4x4 in Magenta
        BoooOOOSSSSSTTTT BANG BANG CHIRP CHIRP

Comment

It's not PVC its silicon coated knitted fibreglass to VW 751 51 and Bosch N28-NS05 specification
          Which Techflex sleeving do you want? I can price it up
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Looking good alex, should list some on ebay for non forum members etc

Comment

Here's a couple pics of the sleeving Sean if that's what you mean?
              For reference its 6mm inside diameter

Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

If you need any other close up images let me know and I will take some photos for you. I am said forum member Alex made this for. I have had comments of how professional it looks from everyone who has seen it. If any one is thinking of doing this conversion get the loom from Alex as its been really quick and easy and fits no problems and the best bit is Alex is a top bloke and will not mess you around like I hear other companies do when they have secured your money.

Comment

Cheers Chris
                  I have started making 5 of these now, they should be ready by next week if anyone wants one
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

its not companys work that is the issue, its forum members promising the world then when you do all the legwork, they all dissapear and have no cash..........

Alex, this is the look i want with the harness

cash waiting if you could aggree a price

Comment

p.s its nowt to do with 034, im a Cosworth lad and this is how we always did looms

Sean.

Comment

I'll definitely be after a set, might have to wait until next month though, any chance that you could supply the coils too?

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper_Avant View Post
                          p.s its nowt to do with 034, im a Cosworth lad and this is how we always did looms

Sean.
                          With respect Sean, that's standard low spec PET overbraid sleeving that offers next to zero heat resistance and for that reason I wouldn't recommend it or use it in an area subject to continuous high heat.

Colesy I'm sure I could supply some coils too but to be fair you could probably buy them just as cheap as I could as I wouldn't be buying in bulk
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

dealer coils are about £25each + vat unless 10 sets are purchased then they drop to about £22 each + vat, i could sort this if it helps

Alex, understand what your saying, camcover would be heatproofed so to speak so isnt an issue

could you sort me a price or not interested? will understand if not

Comment

I can do whatever for you mate, its no problem. It won't affect the price, I'll just need to get in some different materials

PET is predominantly used to make food packaging and I'm sure you've seen what happens to that when you get it hot or expose it to the elements for any period of time.
                              I don't recommend it for a number of reasons:
                              Firstly it offers next to zero heat resistance - the wiring will go brittle after a fairly short period of time (2-3 years at a guess?) and then you will start to have problems with it.To cope with the sustained heat I will need to use a fairly thick adhesive lined heatshrink (normal heatshrink will crumble after a few months) to seal the ends of the braided sleeving which will make the connector ends almost rigid, defeating the purpose of the flex boots and again you will run into problems with the wiring going brittle. Thirdly the braided sleeving is abrasive so a bunch if it corralled together will shorten the life of it even further.

Using the right spec sleeving it should last 20 years like the OEM 20vt coil looms - it is far more expensive than PET sleeving but OEMs use it for a reason.
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                              X