Audi RS2 -94 Swe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Arnout View Post
    Congratulations on the baby and the new home! Brings back memories from a few years ago when our youngest daughter was still in the reverse booster seat. RS2 carries it with ease, altough the seatbelt sockets in the rear are a real pain with booster seats.
    Your garage is really first class! Wish mine was so spaceous and well finished! Garages where cars fit in are rare these days in The Netherlands, so I should not complain about mine. Any plans/needs for the RS2 in the time to come?
    Mine just has received new injectors, fuel filter (what a pain!), front brakes and pads (Sebro disks /Textar pads from Autewo) and a refurbished airco flap motor, so it's fit for it's travel to Skandinavia in a few weeks with the family!
    Thanks! Yeah, we were looking for a long time to find this place. Either it was to small/not possible to have a garage or to expensive. A garage was a must have for me, the girlfriend was going mad at me some times But luckily this came one day and was affordable. I need to do the front/rear subframes for ex. Powdercoat and new bushings is my plan. Yeah fuel filter is a pain, changed that on mine a few years back. Nice, where are you going to travel? Not so common with RS2's on vaccation these days!

Comment

• Congratulations. And the best month to be born. Only three days off my birthday
      Lovely garage, lovely cars. Enjoy.
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Originally posted by s0_big View Post

Thanks! Yeah, we were looking for a long time to find this place. Either it was to small/not possible to have a garage or to expensive. A garage was a must have for me, the girlfriend was going mad at me some times But luckily this came one day and was affordable. I need to do the front/rear subframes for ex. Powdercoat and new bushings is my plan. Yeah fuel filter is a pain, changed that on mine a few years back. Nice, where are you going to travel? Not so common with RS2's on vaccation these days!
        Thanks! It's going to be Denmark and the south of Norway this year. It's indeed not common to take these cars on a family holiday. However it's the best opportunity to drive them and their main strength as a do-it-all car. Aside from a severe oil leak in the white oil pressure switch that nearly caused in engine to be without oil, it has not let us down the past 12 years.
        Here it is last year during a stop on the German autobahn:

Audi RS2 on holiday.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Arnout View Post

Thanks! It's going to be Denmark and the south of Norway this year. It's indeed not common to take these cars on a family holiday. However it's the best opportunity to drive them and their main strength as a do-it-all car. Aside from a severe oil leak in the white oil pressure switch that nearly caused in engine to be without oil, it has not let us down the past 12 years.
          Here it is last year during a stop on the German autobahn:

Audi RS2 on holiday.jpg
          Sounds like a nice tripp. I would like to visit Norway some day, nice country. Yeah, i have experience of that little switch to, fortunately it broke in the garage. The car looks really nice. Enjoy your vaccation and i hope the RS2 treats you good

Comment

• Originally posted by s0_big View Post

Sounds like a nice tripp. I would like to visit Norway some day, nice country. Yeah, i have experience of that little switch to, fortunately it broke in the garage. The car looks really nice. Enjoy your vaccation and i hope the RS2 treats you good
            I was not that fortunate, but fortunate enough. It broke down on the 800 km trip to our holiday destination. When I parked the car in the garage, it left two traces of oil behind. Quickly checked the level, almost nothing to be measured. The next day, the very friendly neighbor of our hosts fixed the RS2. He is a retired Audi mechanic who used to wrench on these 5 cylinder turbos. A 10 euro Hella replacement part (of course not on stock at the Audi dealer) and 2-3 liters of 10W-60 fixed it. He saved our holiday! Very nice comment from him:" I though the oil stains (on his driveway !)) must be from the Dutchman's car!"

Comment

• Summer 2022 is coming to an end here in Sweden. Been a busy summer with moving/kids. But i have manged to get to some car meetings this summer. The car has behaved good. So thats always something positive Will see what i will do to the car during winter. I would like to change the engine mounts to original instead of my after market once since there is some disturbing vibrations from the engine. This was a misstake to mount them instead of original in the first place. If i have the strenght, i would also like to et the dash out to replace the foam in the air vents/air guides as they have started to fly out the vents. I would like to get the seats fixed with blue alcantara in the middle, but the fabric is not available at Audi tradition yet. Emailed them in January and they told me that it would be available in June, but no. Well i will have to wait until i have the fabric. Here is some pictures from the summer.

45764-2e2aee6b6914dbd7d3d3d3b6bde5aa60.jpg
              45764-7b08a9f52a3db581ad98ddd5ed05797a.jpg 45764-7ace4d4498d1d168c752dd35d706652e.jpg 45764-9703c8ff76982a4897bafd580920b0b6.jpg 45764-25b6aded2bfb7643c12771650e2d96ec.jpg

Comment

• Tjena ! you done such a good job with the car, WOW
                Project Audi s2 coupé 1996

http://http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80796]

Comment

• Originally posted by Filip_FIN View Post
                  Tjena ! you done such a good job with the car, WOW
                  Thank you

Comment

• Hi!
                    A little update on the car. I got hold of the fabric for the seats (Kobalt-Blue alcantara from Audi), so thats sorted. Now it's just a matter of money/work to leave the seats to a good car saddler. I think i will use the company who did my doors. But thats not really the top of my list right now.
                    Some "new" rims also found the way home to my garage, i always liked the Porsche turbo twist style rims. So when an opportunity came up, i didn't hesitate. But there need to be work done to them aswell. New paint and the center needs machining, also needs new tires.
                    I also got hold of some new engine mounts that will replace the stiff ones i have now. These are from Audi tradition.
                    Other than that i got the car up on jack stands to do some oil changes. Besides the engine oil i will replace the gearbox and rear diff oil. All plugs on the gearbox/diff came out pretty easy besides the drain plug o the diff... That one needed some real heat, then it gave up, just as the plug was going round. Otherwise it could have turned in to some real painfull work. Now i just need a new plug, so i guess i sould be happy!
                    Engine oil: Motul 300V 15W-50
                    Gearbox oil: Redline MT 90 75W-90 GL-4. For CRB gearbox 2.3L.
                    Rear diff: Redline 75W-90 GL-5. For AZE diff 1.3L.

Some pictures, Cindy the cat is curious, Santino the bigger one have sadly passed away, just 6 years old. I think he got a stroke, so we had to put him out.

Santino that is no longer with us, visiting the garage:
                    45764-943af42a2765defc6d3b8527c14ff2b6.jpg
                    Fabric for the seats/Cindy
                    45764-3557b966a0a388932338e1c8f183dd77.jpg 45764-bce7d1e23461443d70e3158991c3b465.jpg
                    New 18" rims that will be refurbished:
                    45764-2b7f21557230fb592c4694024d689f1f.jpg 45764-8d0fd8a2d28d89ae87554e91481181bf.jpg
                    Oil change and the diff plug that was a pain
                    45764-b715580531486d520fe5cb8ff5dc8587.jpg 45764-b0948f85006a1197ed5afb45eae38cb3.jpg
                    New engine mounts:
                    45764-7cfa4bedd1560fec3316890dc9e720fb.jpg 45764-cf5bb20ec2420e1351961ba08063e48c.jpg
                    Last edited by s0_big; 6 December 2022, 20:55.

Comment

• Sorry to hear you lost your cat.
                      Nice big new garage.
                      Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Yeah, I hate loosing pets...

Nice tidy workshop/garage, are you going to get the rims finished in silver and what size/offset are they? I think they'd look better refurbed the same colour as the factory wheels but that's down to personal preference.
                        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
                          Yeah, I hate loosing pets...

Nice tidy workshop/garage, are you going to get the rims finished in silver and what size/offset are they? I think they'd look better refurbed the same colour as the factory wheels but that's down to personal preference.
                          Yeah, me too. But he had a good life until it went bad.
                          The rims will be painted in some kind of silver, maybe a litle darker than the original wheels. 18x8,5" ET52.
                          As the winter is here, i think i will take it easy on the expenses until i know the electrical bill
                          But i hope to have them finished to the spring.
                          Last edited by s0_big; 7 March 2023, 21:54.

Comment

• Sorry to hear about Santino

Garage looking great, and the twists are gonna look great after some love from you
                            Project Audi s2 coupé 1996

http://http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80796]

Comment

• Hi! Some progress made here after all. Got my engine mounts changed to Audi original ones. Now its much smoother than before. I haven't driven the car, just felt the differens on idle/a little revving.
                              I also got the thumbs out and got my "Turbo wheels" restored/repainted in Porsche GT-Silver, same as most of my engine parts. But the wheels have a shiny clearcoat and the engine parts matte clearcoat. I think it looks good. I didn't want the same colour as everybody else (stock silver rims). Other than this i need to weld on a cat to my Supersprint exhaust to get through MOT. Before i changed to an old system with a cat, but im tired of changing every time. Other than that i think the car is pretty ready for the summer. A little polish/ceramic coat is also on the to do list.

Engine mounts getting the right bolts/nuts. Also the rubber "heatshield" that sits on the exhaust side:
                              45764-793b8aa65dfaedefba120408e3d03d7a.jpg
                              Rims and wheels, RH Turbo 18/8x,5" ET52, fitted with Continental Sport contact 7, 225/40-18:

45764-dd6a2474e5a83678a452bfb872ed45a0.jpg 45764-82c0a574258626337888818db0d7a58c.jpg 45764-90ecba8d91661d5c895d37e45b0618c9.jpg 45764-4f4a99aaac8ad73e6b526754f0446c43.jpg 45764-ed07cfeed91f69d151eb4f0fd9d1604b.jpg

Comment

• Wheels look great, as does the rest of it !

Comment

Working...
                                X