Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doug - I've based those figures on the sort of numbers which have been talked about on here, probably not far off, and only you know how much you've spent on her, not to mention your own toil.

But even putting a figure of £50,000 on it makes you appreciate just how much of a supercar it is and the "bang for buck" factor simply leaves the rest standing... and the looks? vastly understated uberstealth - just like it should be...
    Last edited by CliveH; 19 May 2007, 16:44.
    Past: S2 ABY coupe RS2 spec with lots of mods, S4 B5 saloon, RS6 C5 saloon, S8 D2 FL, RS4 B7 saloon, S4 B6 avant

Present: S4 B8 avant, MRC Stage 2

Comment

• i think £50,000 would easily cover it. If you stuck to a tight budget you could build it for less than £20,000 inc car, maybe (thats what i tell myself)

2 bar at the redline just isnt enough, hey mate Hows you AFR at high speed? any EGT readings?
      sigpic
      Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
      Audi UR Quattro
      Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
      Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
      Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

• Hey Doug what turbo are you running?

Jay

Comment

• same as me, GT35/40R
          sigpic
          Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
          Audi UR Quattro
          Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

• ok looks like Im going to have to go GT4088R then lol

Jay

Comment

• Taken any videos yet Doug? in-car aswell. Hurry up. lol

Comment

• I'm with Martin. I want to hear this beast! I expect to see a run that confirms it as an official 200mph S2 as well. Filmed in Germany of course

PS what does it climb the test track at?
                AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

• Can std S2 6speeder do 200mph then?? I guess it might if the rev limit is 1k rpm higher!
                  sigpic
                  Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                  Audi UR Quattro
                  Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

• THe only time I did the test I got 150 , compared to tom's car when I drove it at 155.

I don't really fancy doing 200mph in one of these cars! I am sure it will do it with 8500 revs and 255/35 19 tyres.

I'll get te camcorder out later this week.
                    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

• Aah, so Doug, you've taken it up the MRC test strip now? 150 at "the sign"? Wow, that's impressive work!

I agree with you on not wanting to take an S2 to 200mph though, good lord
                      Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

• The aerodynamics of a misshapen brick! Doesnt feel stable at much over 160-170 IMO. Steering tends to be vague!
                        sigpic
                        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                        Audi UR Quattro
                        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

• Originally posted by audiman View Post
                          The aerodynamics of a misshapen brick! Doesnt feel stable at much over 160-170 IMO. Steering tends to be vague!
                          I like the way you know all about this... anyhow isn't there a vid of an S2 hitting 200mph? Probably one of those crazy scandinavians. Should be 8,000rpm.... I've done these calculations

155 on the test track is FAST - is that 1st of 2nd sign though? The 'ol 3B made 152 on the clock, figure thats more like 140-145 though. There was no more in it.
                          AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

• Originally posted by audiman View Post
                            The aerodynamics of a misshapen brick! Doesnt feel stable at much over 160-170 IMO. Steering tends to be vague!
                            Mine felt steady as a rock when is was off the clock

Comment

• Originally posted by martinjs View Post
                              Mine felt steady as a rock when is was off the clock
                              I would second that. I have seen 150mph by tacho and the car felt steady as a rock, I would be very surprised if that changed over the next 10 -20 mph, but then aerodynamics are funny things and I guess the nose could go light as you get faster?

Cheers,

Steve
                              The Perfectionist
                              sigpic
                              Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• there is a big difference between 170 and 202 on gps!!

If anyone fancies a top speed run I will let you try in the S2
                                S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Working...
                                X