No announcement yet.

jbrentd's 2nd Chance CQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeez, it's no wonder your old shocks were harsh, it looks like you have about a half inch of travel before it's metal on metal

Comment

• Originally posted by Cqbolidas View Post
      Took almost a month to get it from Florida to Alberta.
      still waiting for coilovers though
      Geez. Bright side is, you won't be waiting on them when the coilovers arrive. I finally got mine as well.
      2001 A4 Avant QMS - FXK04'd
      1991 Audi CQ - Project
      1996 A4 12v Quattro Manual - SOLD

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaswan View Post
        Jeez, it's no wonder your old shocks were harsh, it looks like you have about a half inch of travel before it's metal on metal
        Yeah, very harsh...they just weren't meant to go that low. I really like the way the BC's adjust for ride height compared to the old set.
        1991 Audi CQ - Project

Comment

• So, before going through the effort of removing and replacing the master cylinder, I thought I would try adjusting the length of the rod at the brake pedal...as suggested by Dan over on TPP. The thought was that maybe the brake pedal was holding pressure against the master cylinder slightly.

When I removed the clevis pin, I could tell the master cylinder was pushing a little on the rod. So, I shortened the rod by 3 full turns of the clevis. The brake pedal now has a very slight amount of play between where the MC is at rest and the brake light and cruise control switches. And it gets taken up by the return spring. I went for a lengthy drive on a warm day and the brakes never did lock up. Hoping this is a good sign.

1991 Audi CQ - Project

Comment

• Spent some more time behind the wheel this weekend and still no sign of the master cylinder not releasing. So, I am going to return it for a refund. The steering felt quite loose and upon inspection, I found the front ball joint nuts needed to be tightened. Much better after that, but I need to get her in for a real alignment soon. Also adjusted the struts from full soft to the halfway setting. Now that the coilovers have settled, I need to adjust them a bit.

I really have missed driving her since I took her off the road a little over 4 years ago. The 3B really wakes up the car...should have come to the US with this engine!

1991 Audi CQ - Project

Comment

• Quick question, a lot of interior parts has to come out in order to replace rear coilovers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cqbolidas View Post
                Quick question, a lot of interior parts has to come out in order to replace rear coilovers?
                Just a few things. Going from memory here...

Fold down the rear seats and remove the striker posts. Then remove the rear seat side bolsters. This should give you access to the top plastic trim pieces that house the rear speakers and surround the seat belts. Loosen those and move them to the side and you can get access to the strut bearings.
                1991 Audi CQ - Project

Comment

• Thanks, appreciate it

Comment

Working...
                  X