jbrentd's 2nd Chance CQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tom_ View Post
    Glad you find the problem, Brent. How long is that fuel pump wiring section? It goes from the relay to the rear lid of the pump? I will make a new fuel pump harness directly from the battery, the old fuel pump relay will be triggering another relay for the pump itself.
    Yeah, the stock fuel pump feed runs from the fuse panel along the left side of the car, then splits off in the rear quarter panel to the middle of the trunk/boot.

I will be using that old wire as the trigger, but since an unknown length of it is likely bad, I'll be running a new wire from the trunk to the fuse panel. Here's what I have now. I also put a fuse holder in for the new relay and my subwoofer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2001 A4 Avant QMS - FXK04'd
    1991 Audi CQ - Project
    1996 A4 12v Quattro Manual - SOLD

Comment

• Nice and tidy as always keep pushing man
      Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

• Well done!

Can I ask how you have secured your battery?

I'm going to mount an Odyssey in the same place on mine.

Cheers

Jase.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaswan View Post
          Well done!

Can I ask how you have secured your battery?

I'm going to mount an Odyssey in the same place on mine.

Cheers

Jase.
          Thanks! Right now it's just sitting in the space with the foam wedged on one side and the compartment on the other three sides. It also has the positive and negative cables supporting it. They are pretty rigid and the battery doesn't move around. But I would feel better with a strap or bar of some sort to really secure it. Have to figure something out for that.

1991 Audi CQ - Project

Comment

• Awesome thanks.

Comment

• I am very happy to report that the fuel pump issues have been resolved, but the problem turned out to be a bad ground. After I got the relay in for the FP, there was no difference…pretty frustrating. Better up front diagnostics would have told me it was a bad ground. I was getting full battery power to the FP, when using the neg battery post to check. Versus the low voltage when checking voltage across the +/- wires at the FP.

After not being able to find the #50 ground post (supposed to be in the hatch somewhere on the driver side), I just tied in a new ground right in the loom going to the FP. Doing this fixed the FP and issues I was having with the fuel sender, turn signals and the car stalling when turning on the headlights. That #50 ground post is shared on quite a few circuits. The green wire is the new ground I added.

1991 Audi CQ - Project

Comment

• That's a great result mate. Well done.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic

Comment

• Good to hear that Brent, glad you solved this

Comment

• Thanks fellas.

As if this project hasn't had enough scope creep, I received a package from UPS the other day that I am excited about.

My DIY coilovers are a little tired and I have tried several combinations of springs, both with and without helper springs. I just can't seem to get a decent ride out of them. I am sure most of the problem lies with me, but I am tired of throwing money at them. So, I am going to give these BC coilovers a try. I like that they have fully threaded bodies that allow height adjustment that is independent of adjusting the lower spring perches that are supposed to be for setting spring preload. And the struts have C/R adjustment knobs as well (something the Bilstein struts on my DIY set don't have).

1991 Audi CQ - Project

Comment

• Does BC Racing make coilover for CQ? I thought they made only for S2... I know it's almost the same as S2 but maybe could be fitted without any issue... Looking really nice. I am curious how satisfied you will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_ View Post
                        Does BC Racing make coilover for CQ? I thought they made only for S2... I know it's almost the same as S2 but maybe could be fitted without any issue... Looking really nice. I am curious how satisfied you will be.
                        To my knowledge, the only difference is in the size of the bolts that hold the bearing housing to the strut housing. B3 coupes and some early S2's have 12mm bolts versus the majority of S2's that have 14mm. BC provides a set of adapter sleeves to account for this. You can see them in the top right of this pic.

1991 Audi CQ - Project

Comment

• they do look realy nice. good progress

Comment

• Nice…when the time come i will buy these probably as well. Looking quite nice
                            Do you have part number of that BC coilovers?
                            Last edited by Tom_; 10 February 2024, 13:19.

Comment

• How long did it take to get them? I am on week 5(?) With no word at all. Not that i need them soon but... i know it will take a while but wondering what the actual has been.

Thanks
                              1993 UrS4...aka the rocket powered living room

Comment

• Originally posted by rxl View Post
                                they do look realy nice. good progress
                                Thanks!

Originally posted by Tom_ View Post
                                Nice…when the time come i will buy these probably as well. Looking quite nice
                                Do you have part number of that BC coilovers?
                                These are S-16-BR with the standard 4kg/mm front and 5 kg/mm rear spring rates. You can get some other spring rates too. https://shop.bcracing-na.com/product...-audi-s2-coupe

Originally posted by ottawa coupe View Post
                                How long did it take to get them? I am on week 5(?) With no word at all. Not that i need them soon but... i know it will take a while but wondering what the actual has been.

Thanks
                                I ordered them on 12/28 and they showed up 2/2. So, 5 weeks + 1 day. Once I got a shipping notification, they were at my doorstep in 2 days. So, I think some of their lead time is in the shipping from Taiwan.

1991 Audi CQ - Project

Comment

Working...
                                X