jbrentd's 2nd Chance CQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LSG View Post
    I think Arron was the fella your referring to. who did the carbon sill trims, Although i have not seen him post for a long time.
    Yes, I guess I should have pulled the trigger way back when.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2001 A4 Avant QMS - FXK04'd
    1991 Audi CQ - Project
    1996 A4 12v Quattro Manual - SOLD

Comment

It's nice to be putting parts back on the car for a change. I bench bled and installed the new master cylinder, connected the hardlines, ABS pump, booster, rack, stabilizer, and tie rods. Also spent way too long fumbling with the battery cable grommet.

Since I am switching to an evap canister that goes in the fender, I’m trying to figure out where to cut the fuel tank vent line that goes to the evap canister. I think I might just cut it right above the firewall bracket that used to sit below the battery tray (like was suggested on another forum) and run a rubber fuel hose to the evap.

1991 Audi CQ - Project

Comment

What a great rescue, awesome job!
        Keep on going!

Comment

Originally posted by porci82 View Post
          What a great rescue, awesome job!
          Keep on going!
          Thanks!

More stuff making its way back on. 3B wiring harness and what’s left of the 7A wiring harness, coil, bomb, washer tank, hydraulic fluid reservoir, new hood release cable.

Made a bracket for and mounted my fan resistor pack. Also got most of the fan wiring done.

I also attempted to make a set of rubber flaps that go in the fender well around the tie rods. I think they turned out okay.

1991 Audi CQ - Project

Comment

Those flaps look great, what material did you use?

One of mine is very torn.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post

Thanks. I used this stuff, along with hole punches, rivets, and some plastic retainers.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
              1991 Audi CQ - Project

Comment

Tractor tyre inner tube also works well
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post

Tractor tyre inner tube also works well
                  With a screen name like your, I suppose you might have a few of those laying around.
                  1991 Audi CQ - Project

Comment

Originally posted by jbrentd View Post

With a screen name like your, I suppose you might have a few of those laying around.
                    One or two
                    Nothelle S2 Avant
                    Black Ur project
                    Ocianic Ur project gone
                    S2 Coupe project gone
                    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

I think all I have left on the power/ground front is to make a new ground wire for the bell housing and to change the positive terminal on the 4 awg wire to the starter.

1991 Audi CQ - Project

Comment

Progress has been SLOOOWW!! Pretty typical for me in the Summer, with the heat and lots to do around the house. I’ve also started the process of building a dedicated detached garage/shop. I hope to break ground later this month. But here are a few updates…

Although I was able to get the auxiliary relay panel mounted up, I don’t think I’ll be able to get the knee bolster on with all the guts hanging out below. :-). Not sure if I can poke them in or will have to unplug everything and go about it a different way.

I couldn’t pass up some local OZ Ultraleggeras.

Got the transmission, front subframe, and front suspension back.

Built a new ground wire for the transmission. I may have to bend the lug on the transmission in order to get the bell housing bolts on.

I was surprised to find the 3B’s firewall bracket fit right in behind the coil. The holes lined up perfect. This is where I’ll put the timing, rpm, knock, and O2 sensor connectors.

Got the carbon canister relocated to the fender and hoses routed.

1991 Audi CQ - Project

Comment

Super clean and tidy job. personally i like the details of whats underneath more than a perfect paint job on top, i dont know why as nobody ever sees it but, i just like knowing its good underneath.

Comment

Originally posted by steve briance View Post
                            Super clean and tidy job. personally i like the details of whats underneath more than a perfect paint job on top, i dont know why as nobody ever sees it but, i just like knowing its good underneath.
                            It's OK, the MOT man see it, his remark at my recent one was 'Quite clean underneath isn't it?'

Comment

Originally posted by steve briance View Post
                              Thanks! I would kick myself for years if I did not take the time to clean things up while in this process.

It's OK, the MOT man see it, his remark at my recent one was 'Quite clean underneath isn't it?'
                              I guess no one will see it then...no MOT/inspections here in Oklahoma.
                              1991 Audi CQ - Project

Comment

I have very little to update on the coupe, but I hope to re-gain some momentum soon. Back in November, we started construction on a detached shop and it has taken up most of my free time. I'm still working on moving stuff over from the old garage, most notably, the coupe. After finishing up the front suspension, it's back on its feet again for the first time in almost 2 years. And my son and I were able to get it pushed over to the new space...much to my wife's approval.

I was also able to re-cover the front door cards with some new foam underneath the original leathers.

1991 Audi CQ - Project

Comment

Working...
                                X