No announcement yet.

Project Corona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you still in the Basingstoke area David? - Let me know if you ever need a hand, I am not that far from you.

Good luck with the continuation of this lockdown project and I hope your back is on the mend. I had a Prolapsed disc 10 years ago, it is no fun at all.

Cheers

Steve
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Hi Steve, thanks and yes, if you have then you know the pain and the recovery path too not in Basingstoke now, moved further south towards Alton/Medstead. Be great to see you, been a while!
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post

...and here we are. Waiting to grab a hoist to get the engine out and do the clutch, two new wings ordered, new slam panels to come then, after 20years of ownership, she is going to be painted and hopefully returned to her original, pearlmutweiss glory. Still havent finished the timing belt change due to my back but some gentle spannering can now recommence
        Looking forward to the pics when your cars been painted they just look amazing when all sorted

Comment

Hi Steve, thanks and yes, if you have then you know the pain and the recovery path too not in Basingstoke now, moved further south towards Alton/Medstead. Be great to see you, been a while!
          Yes it has been a while! Let me know what you have planned over the next few weeks and months and maybe I can pop down and have a cup of tea and help out if needed. (Lockdown restrictions permitting too )

PM me.

Cheers

Steve
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Managed to source the sausage resistor for the fan so can finally ditch the make do version which is looking pretty scabby now
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Collected what appears to be the last pair of genuine wings for the coupe. Previously sent drivers side was damaged and rejected. So systems will show one of each left but some work needed to level out a good sized sink on the crease line for it to be used.
              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Good work mate, I've done the same over the years, satisfying jobs
                Cheers'en, AndyC
                1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

My son is working in a local body shop. He did a good job on refreshing the cambelt cover back plate!
                  sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

My son is working in a local body shop. He did a good job on refreshing the cambelt cover back plate!
                    Nice! Is he going to get a discount on the full respray?

The Perfectionist
                    sigpic

Comment

Well....not sure about a huge discount but yes he is going to do it i hope....he has done a couple of cars now and has a bit of a talent for it according to the guy who look him on for work experience as a 14yr old and has been working there for the last two years. He is on the autistic spectrum and has found a real talent for painting...i may pass on the s2 to him as i am on the lookout for a maserati granturismo MC stradale. Need a high revving v8 in my life
                      This gallery has 5 photos.
                      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Decided i would connect the ctec to condition the battery as i remembered suddenly today that i never got round to it weeks ago. I got slightly more than i had bargained for. In order for avoiding condensation forming i had left the sunroof up but having bought a new trap for it, thought i would now shut the roof. There appeared to be some shredded stuff on the passenger side footwell and i knew immediately i had a problem....mice!

****er lept from the glovebox when i opened it and was confronted with a mix of paper, sound deadening material and the aroma of rodent piss.

decided to have a quick look where else they have explored and they have had fun in the boot shredding some plastic bags and under the flap on the boot floor.

just setup the mice frier on the passenger footwell floor with bait...hopefully will have my first visitor before morning.

word of warning, if your car is laid up for winter, seal it up well...otherwise you may well have fieldmice for company too...and they make quite the mess
                        This gallery has 4 photos.
                        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Little ******s!
                          It's a big problem where I live (out in the country proper). I have had lots of damage over the years. Worst was half an engine loom in my nice new (then) A4 Quattro!
                          Now I always put a saucer of mouse bait in the engine bay, foot well and boot when the car is laid up.
                          Traps are good but you need to check them on a regular basis and I usually forget
                          Nothelle S2 Avant
                          Black Ur project
                          Ocianic Ur project gone
                          S2 Coupe project gone
                          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Caught the ******... now to see if any others rock up again
                            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

They have all probably rocked up for the wake in your glovebox as we speak
                              Nothelle S2 Avant
                              Black Ur project
                              Ocianic Ur project gone
                              S2 Coupe project gone
                              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Haha, lets hope so...it is ready to process more! It is so close to the ecu and the main loom am concerned what i will find when i remove the dashboard.
                                sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
                                X