No announcement yet.

Project Avant N300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a 3B Nothelle car and still have some of it, mine was done by Brian Rickets Motorsport back in 1993 at the cost of £9K, which back then was serious bucks, well it still is now... I've kept the head as it's been flowed really well and it's a spare for my RS2, yes I know I'll have to weld a mount on the front for the cam position sensor.

Also still got the exhaust manifold which is really cracked and some of the turbo which is sold.

I much prefer your new wheels, they suit the car a lot better, at a glance they look like RS2 rims.
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

My one was done by scotts of sloane square. It was on a H reg, emerald green, preselect sunroof, opening rear quarters, black leather and air con. Big Alcon brakes, h&r springs. I sold it then bought it back a year or so later and broke it for spares so thats no longer around

Comment

Originally posted by sal_s2 View Post
        My one was done by scotts of sloane square. It was on a H reg, emerald green, preselect sunroof, opening rear quarters, black leather and air con. Big Alcon brakes, h&r springs. I sold it then bought it back a year or so later and broke it for spares so thats no longer around

Comment

Originally posted by sal_s2 View Post
          Mine was nearly identical spec, just with cloth as opposed to leather, had the Alcon Brakes but the springs were stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Farhazaftab786g View Post
            Now on Mille Miglia wheels.
            What does everyone think ?
            The documents from Scotts shows that these wheels were fitted when the Nothelle conversion was done, it was only right that i bought a set.

looks superb but to be honest looked bloody nice with the avus alloys on as well but putting it back to being on original alloys I totally get. Huge fan of both your S2s

Comment

RS2 airbox aquired tonight !! Should make a difference
              Emerald Green ABY Coupé
              RS2+ Spec
              @audis2kid - instagram

Comment

Emerald Green ABY Coupé
                RS2+ Spec
                @audis2kid - instagram

Comment

A rare find indeed bet it was an eye watering price too

Comment

Airbox installed, next jobs on the list replace steering damper and steering coupling.
                    Drove it after about a month of being parked up today and brakes felt spongey so will give them a bleed.
                    Emerald Green ABY Coupé
                    RS2+ Spec
                    @audis2kid - instagram

Comment

Any tips for replacing the steering damper ?
                      From what i have read it seems like a awkward job
                      Emerald Green ABY Coupé
                      RS2+ Spec
                      @audis2kid - instagram

Comment

It's very tight wing side but only one bolt to undo. You need small hands.
                        Nothelle S2 Avant
                        Black Ur project
                        Ocianic Ur project gone
                        S2 Coupe project gone
                        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Replaced the steering damper today straight forward and simple job but time consuming.
                          The bolt on the inner wing takes time as there is not much room.
                          Original damper didnt seem too bad when removed but after driving the car i could instantly notice the steering had a nice weighty feel.
                          A job i recommend everyone to do, ill be doing the Coupe next !

Emerald Green ABY Coupé
                          RS2+ Spec
                          @audis2kid - instagram

Comment

The RS2 air-box is a nice addition... Dread to think how much it cost, I sold the one from my 3B with a decent RS2 MAF attached for £600 in 2016, I have no idea what they fetch now though.

Replacing the damper is a bit of a fiddle but not quite so bad on ABY/ADU's as there's no battery tray in the way as opposed to other models... I seem to recall a 15mm ratchet spanner is the the best tool for the job.

Those wheels look absolutely lovely, they finish the car off a treat.

Comment

RS2 AirboxmmmmmLast one I saw for sale was £600

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
                                The RS2 air-box is a nice addition... Dread to think how much it cost, I sold the one from my 3B with a decent RS2 MAF attached for £600 in 2016, I have no idea what they fetch now though.

Replacing the damper is a bit of a fiddle but not quite so bad on ABY/ADU's as there's no battery tray in the way as opposed to other models... I seem to recall a 15mm ratchet spanner is the the best tool for the job.

Those wheels look absolutely lovely, they finish the car off a treat.
                                I was lucky that a friend of mine had the RS2 airbox. He digged it out of his shed which he thinks it was in there for 15 years. He gave it to me for a good price

I found the best tool for replacing the damper was a 15mm stubby spanner it worked great.
                                Im loving the look of the wheels thinking of going for Porsche center caps if i find them in the right size !!
                                Emerald Green ABY Coupé
                                RS2+ Spec
                                @audis2kid - instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X