No announcement yet.

Pearl white coupe revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popped a few bits of reinforcement in and it can now support the engine. More to add but at least it's kinda solid now

20240416_143433.jpg

Back on the fence about the right side mount, maybe not far enough out to warrant a bunch more welding.... or i am just tired, i dunno....
    1993 UrS4...aka the rocket powered living room

Comment

• Good news today, scored some b5 s4 avus wheels with decent rubber for $100.

Bad news is my 5 month old angle grinder let out the magic smoke this evening, so no cutting, grinding or welding tonight. Will still have the engine mounts sorted by the weekend though.

Comment

• That seems like a very good deal on the wheels. I really like the look of a coupe on those wheels.

Comment

• So, whaddya do when you get tired of a project? Toss the coilovers and wheels on n see whatcha got....

Clearly the rear has to come up in order to be driven on you know roads.... or drop the front because hooligan

20240419_174343.jpg

The last big thing that is a question mark is the seats. Both the coupe and cabby seats are trashed. I have searched here and i find yes and no answers WRT mk3 and 4 seats fitting. Seems that mk3 seats fit but one of the rear legs needs a bit of fiddling? Mk4 seats slide into the rails fine but the front mounts are a bit off? Is that the overall picture? Mk3 seats are more or less extinct here now, lotsa mk4 seats to be found tho. This the way to go?
          Last edited by ottawa coupe; 20 April 2024, 01:11.

Comment

• Those are not S4 B5 avus wheels. At least not the ones we got in Europe.
            Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

Comment

• Think they are TT v6 wheels?

And dont forget the front end will come down dramatically when the engine and box are back in! at least with the coilovers you can adjust the height when all interior etc is back in
              Time waits for no man. Unless that man is Chuck Norris.

Comment

• Hey, you're right, they aren't avus... pretty damned close though. Same size and offset. Might make it easier to get centers for them lol. It was such a good deal and so close i didn't look too close. Still, they look decent to me. Maybe i'll stumble across the proper avus ones in the future....

At any rate, been a productive coupla days...

20240422_123934.jpg 20240422_123928.jpg
                cabrio is down to the wiring now. Gotta take a breath and label/group the main branches together so it doesn't become a COMPLETE mess upon removal. I've then got a few bits of metal to remove and it's off to the crusher.

Comment

• That cabriolet will probably donate more that you originally thought. Save those rain trays as spares (if your originals are still good). Are you going to convert to the B4 hood/lights? Also, it would be a good time to ditch the CQs electronic HVAC system and convert to the manual HVAC system in the cabriolet. Sorry if you've covered a lot of this before.
                  2001 A4 Avant QMS - FXK04'd
                  1991 Audi CQ - Project
                  1996 A4 12v Quattro Manual - SOLD

Comment

• Yeah, basically swapping everything from the b pillar forward to the coupe. Only bits not making their way over ar the airbags. And the lower door trims because they were pooched, like all of them are lol. Got the car stripped down, loaded on the trailer and filled up with all the crap i won't be using.....it's quite a pile lol. The annoying bit is i wasn't able to get the brackets for the strut brace out... they used the biggest welds ever and i couldn't get a tool in to cut them out cleanly. And then the abs module mounting.... the "spot" welds were at least 10mm diameter.... took some doing to get that out lol. Also took both rear quarters out in case i want to replace the bent and rusty bits on the coupe instead of trying to fix.

All this to say i can't move around the shop much at the moment. Taking a break for a bit, will hopefully get to the tidying up next week and then make progress on the engine bay. Got a few brackets to put in, a few to take out and clean up the carnage from the battery tray removal.

Comment

• Well, that's a pain in the butt.... tore down the steering rack in anticipation of resealing it. My seal kit i got off ebay has about 60% of the seals needed. Back to the drawing board...

Comment

• Got a line on seals for the rack today, hopefully that works out, we'll see when they get here. Getting things organized and trying to filter out the excess from the cabby teardown. Figure the best way to clear things up is to just toss them on the car... here's a terrible pic of the mess lol

20240430_213054.jpg

Baby steps at this point is all i can really do on this for the next while.... god this is gonna take years lol

Comment

• I think you have actually made very good progress. Just a few months back it was upside down getting welded.
                          Nothelle S2 Avant
                          Black Ur project
                          Ocianic Ur project gone
                          S2 Coupe project gone
                          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• You're too kind lol. Competing priorities in life mean the most i can hope for will be primer by christmas at this point.... and i have my doubts i'll make that.

Comment

• I can make a mess quickly can't i lol.

20240501_112837.jpg

Hvac boxes torn down to get one good one. Of course, now delayed because the blend door foam on both units was no longer there. At least amazon says they'll have it sorted by the weekend. It's a good opportunity to get everything clean though, the amount of debris (vegetation essentially!) inside was a bit alarming

Comment

Working...
                              X