Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Got all diff seals from fcp euro.
      1993 UrS4...aka the rocket powered living room

Comment

• How much was the bigger seal and do you have a part number. I wonder if one would fit my Ur?
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• This is the one i got.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/aud...eft-017525400a

Comment

• Thanks.
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Did you make the the link rods for the rear or are they off the shelf items?

Thanks!

Jase.

Comment

• Made them from generic bits from

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/?gad_...xoCPnEQAvD_BwE

Bout $125 in parts for the pair.....shipping and duties of course bent me over in due time.

I have concerns about there longevity due to the elements but given i can't find oe replacements.... are there sources for them that i missed?

Comment

• image_88974.jpg Back on it's wheels.... sorta.

The misc 5x112 stuff i have kicking around barely fits. The odd rear wheel rubs on the strut. I have all my spacers in so it's as good as it can be for now.... i hafta get the winter rollers off the racecar when it's warmer and i should have a much easier time rolling it around.

Will get the steering back in it tomorrow hopefully so i can get it outside and get the dust off of it. In a cold spell at the minute but when that's over, may start pulling panels off the cabby in order to complete the body on this and have a complete idea where i need to go with it.

Comment

• Got the shift linkage joint from tractor dave the other day (thanks again!). But i am gonna hafta take it apart and transfer the guts in the end. The keyway in the joint that bolts to the trans is in the wrong spot. Shouldn't be too be a huge task....

20240225_123933.jpg

Comment

• Oh no, that's annoying. Auto Doc have a habit of selling me lhd parts that don't fit. Could it be that they have sold you a rhd part?
                      Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• The part numbers are the same, though what you sent was an A suffix, the coupe had a B suffix. The internals swapped over fine, i have it 99% sorted. i just need to get some screws to hold the 2 halves together again. It's good and tight though, no more slop in the mechanism. The next worry will be how sloppy is the gearbox lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by ottawa coupe View Post
                          Got the shift linkage joint from tractor dave the other day (thanks again!). But i am gonna hafta take it apart and transfer the guts in the end. The keyway in the joint that bolts to the trans is in the wrong spot. Shouldn't be too be a huge task....

20240225_123933.jpg
                          These linkages/joints are different for 5-cylinders and 4/6-cylinders somewhy (893711613A and 893711613).

Comment

• Should have the s6 wrapped up in a couple days so i got to organizing myself for the last of the mechanical jobs on the CQ parts this evening.

First up will be to deal with this ball of goo. My guess is that the vast majority of it is from the rather porous steering rack.

20240305_183224.jpg

The last items on the list before i basically push it aside for the summer will be refreshing the axles and steering rack. I need to deal with the propshaft too but i think i'll give my credit card a rest for now instead.

At some point soon i gotta start harvesting from the cabby and get it scrapped, i hate having junk lying around (and so does my ever patient wife!!!!)

Comment

• Weird question: on later v6 models, is there a heatshield for the front left side inner cv joint as there is on the right? I can't find schematics showing either side.

Comment

• So, final stages before putting this on pause for a bit. Front axles refreshed and first stab at cleaning up the gearbox. The writing on the case, are those from the factory? Or has this box come out of a salvage yard at some point?

20240308_225404.jpg

20240309_112108.jpg

And it's resting place for the time being

20240308_164401.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X