83 Ur Quattro 20v build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work (as usual)
    Thinking about doing the brake servo conversion myself as my bomb is probably past it's best and my bomb to booster hp pipe is weeping. What happens at the pump end? Have you got good clearance from the reservoir and bonnet (hood). Thanks
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
      Nice work (as usual)
      Thinking about doing the brake servo conversion myself as my bomb is probably past it's best and my bomb to booster hp pipe is weeping. What happens at the pump end? Have you got good clearance from the reservoir and bonnet (hood). Thanks
      Great questions........I would imagine that there isn't a clearance issue with the reservoir and hood since others have made the conversion and Ultra sells the kit, but time will tell. As far as pump end, I haven't gotten that far, so wasn't aware. Hopefully, varia will share his wisdom on this.

Thanks for the questions and input.....it helps.

Comment

Ok, thanks. Had a chat with Alex (Ultra) this morning and early Ur have single pump so nothing to do there. However, some work required to hose at valve under bomb. He is getting back to me.
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Ok, thanks. Had a chat with Alex (Ultra) this morning and early Ur have single pump so nothing to do there. However, some work required to hose at valve under bomb. He is getting back to me.
          Great, please post details when you get them, I will need the info as well.

Comment

Finished up the rear fuel system. I made a aluminum plate, which has a Fluid Performance fuel pump along with Aeromotive 300 micron filter. I also added a fuel shutoff valve. In addition to the 300 micron filter, I am also running the Bosch 30 micron filter on opposite side. Made up supply & return S.S. braided fuel lines and plumbed from gas tank to hard lines. Everything is nice and tidy.

Before and after

Attached Files

Comment

Wow. Vast improvement. Now, did you throw your old stuff in the bin? If not, could I buy your old rubber pipe from the pre pump filter to the pump and the lines from the pump to the fuel accumulator and the accumulator to the main filter? They look useable to me and are impossible to find here in the uk. I
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Wow. Vast improvement. Now, did you throw your old stuff in the bin? If not, could I buy your old rubber pipe from the pre pump filter to the pump and the lines from the pump to the fuel accumulator and the accumulator to the main filter? They look useable to me and are impossible to find here in the uk. I
                Tractor Dave......check your PM

Comment

Nice work. Are you going to refit the original rubber grommet that the fuel pipes and diff vacuum lines went through into the boot area? Obviously it would need to be modified for the thicker lines

Comment

Originally posted by sal_s2 View Post
                    Nice work. Are you going to refit the original rubber grommet that the fuel pipes and diff vacuum lines went through into the boot area? Obviously it would need to be modified for the thicker lines
                    Great question and yes, I will be making a new rubber seal for the fuel lines / vacuum lines that pass through the boot. I have not found a stock rubber gasket and have ordered a few boots off Amazon (evil), but not happy with it. I will post what I come up with.

Comment

Finally received the sport hood form AP Motorsports out of Poland. Piter has been a pleasure to deal with and has supplied me with front fenders, front & rear bumpers, wheel flares, tall spoiler and the sport grill. All in all the parts are nice, but I am going to need a good fiberglass/body guy to blend everything. The fiberglass pieces would be fine for a rally race car, but I want a more refine look. Should be a nice looking car when done.

Attached Files

Comment

Installed the Hush Mat, which is one of my least favorite things to do......very time consuming. I was able to to get the front drivers/passenger firewall and floor done and able to install the fuse box and wire harness. The harness and fuse box are out of a coupe which uses the blade fuse instead of the old ceramic fuses. I will be using the digital dash out of the coupe as well. Norbert in Poland is building the engine harness and I will be using a Motec ECU
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi mate.

How did you secure the fuel lines to the floor? I'm guessing rivnuts but thought I'd ask

Jase

Comment

Big milestone today, I installed the engine and trans. The sub frame is a tubular frame made by Verkline and allows for the S2 suspension components, which I have 034 billet aluminum arms to use.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jaswan View Post
                              Hi mate.

How did you secure the fuel lines to the floor? I'm guessing rivnuts but thought I'd ask

Jase
                              No, not rivnuts, which I thought about, but would stick up through the floor to much. I threw bolted and used two nuts. First nut to fix the bolt and then used the tube clamps and another nut to attach to the bolt. I covered the interior floor with Hush mat and you cant even tell that the there is a bolt head.

Comment

Yeah, I get what you mean.

Many thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                                X