No announcement yet.

RS2 rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also on another note, the engine bay is painted, the front subframe and arms are with the powder coater and I've ordered all the bushes to get the subframes built up and back on the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan rs2 View Post
      Digging through the parts I noticed this back plate was corroded and the steel clip has come off which I haven't found yet. How hard are these to get hold of? Or is it worth me trying to repair this one. IMG20240318160156.jpg
      This part?
      https://shops.audi.com/en_GB/web/tra...term=8A0615411
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

It's the other side I need, part number ends in 412, I'll see if it's on there now. Thanks Dave.

Comment

Yes, it's there and same price.
          I don't think you will easily find good second hand as they are Rs2 specific part and like rocking horse poo.
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

No I didn't think so, I was told there were a rare part when I bought the car. I was a little bit gutted when I saw the rivets rotted off. Just hope it's the only rs specific bit I need at those prices.​​​​​​​​​

Comment

i would go for a set of new ones. mine looked ok and after blasting them you could see several cracks in the brakets. danger in buying overpriced used stuff is big. 8A0615412 8A0615411 are the part numbers for them. trust me if you dont buy them new now in few years if your go bad you wont find anything.

Comment

Yeah I know what you mean, so these are still available new then?

If that's the case I'll ring my local dealer and see if they can get them and go from there.

Comment

Yes you can get them from audi tradition. Not the cheapest part but I think it's a good investment for the next 30 years.

Comment

Working...
                  X