No announcement yet.

Another "Stroker" Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do it. I am going to post my results there also.
    Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Done some more tuning with vems and here is a log. Car runs fine on idle ect. No problems with cranking and now i am trying to set the boost control.

http://www.vems.hu/files/Boostlog1.xls
      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Hi,

today i came to work with VEMS running. Very nice idle on low and high temperatures.
        i still want to see if i am going to get it as i want, I have work ahead of me. Then we will see. I am working on the afterstart behaviour and my Boost control these days.
        Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Tuned further with VEMS. I am very pleased with the results but can be better. Cranking up is not so stablelike i would have it: I starts on the first time but the RPMs go up till 1500 RPM and then 1000 and then for approx 15 seconds it goes up and down like i would kick the throttle. After this everything runs and idles just fine.
          I think it can get much better but if not it is OK.

I also try to set-up the boost control. It goes to the set MAP but i doesnt stay constant i set it at 1 bar and it goes at 1.1 then 0.9 then again up to 1.1 ect.

I have more tuning to do. Problem is that not many are running with the VEMS controlling boost so i can get direct help but the "VEMS community" and membres of the S2Forum are very helpful.

All in all i must say that it is a very cool thing to make a change and be able to imediately see the difference right away. I dont know how it will be at the end but till now i think that for the people want to modify their engines often, the only way is with a stand alone system.
          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

What Genboard is it your using? I purchased the kit from lars off the forum but comes with 55pin motronic connector like yours and V3.4 board....
            but the contact points on the board aren't compatible between the two....
            Jay - pug_life85@hotmail.com

1986 Audi UR quattro - WORK IN PROGRESS
            1981 VW Mk1 Golf - "20v Jim, but not as we know it!"

Comment

Hi, what 2? I thing there is till V3.3 with the Motronic 55pin connector for ADU/AAN. Can you send a pic?

What do you mean the pins are not compatible between the 2?
              Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

What oil strut (this stick which you use to check the oil level) are you using?

Comment

didnt get there yet so i cant answer that. i suppose since the pan is the same i would go with 4.5-4.7 (for the extra block height) liters and then mark the old stick at this level.
                  Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

So here is my Lamdba Target tables and the Spark table. What do you think?

Can someone please post the Chipped RS2 Boost VS RPM Values?

Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

hi

looks pretty good.

there is a bit more timing to be had though i think. whats your EGT's like at say 80mph 300rpm.

Comment

My EGT are very low. will try to post some logs later. What regions and what timing.

I hessitate to play with the timing much because of the lack of knock readings. Dont know if i can trust the VEMS knock sensing yet because i didnt spent any time setting it up.
                        Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Originally posted by Billman View Post
                          So here is my Lamdba Target tables and the Spark table. What do you think?
                          Lambda looks Ok, but I would use a lot more timing in the "cruise" area (kpa 80 and less).

Comment

If you have any map or something like it send it please.

This is a log during boost. The EGT sensor is mounted right after the turbo there where a bung from the factory is.

http://www.imageshack.us/?pickup=80114851613270

Key: 80114851613270
                            Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Today i made a trip and noticed that my EGT are during crousing and increasin RPM in the 100 KPA area at 750 degrees celcious after the turbo. Do you think that it ok is? Please check the Lambda and Spark table and this log i got and comment. The outside temperature was very low i and i think in the sommer it would be even more.

http://www.vems.hu/files/High%20EGT.xls
                              Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Originally posted by Billman View Post
                                Today i made a trip and noticed that my EGT are during crousing and increasin RPM in the 100 KPA area at 750 degrees celcious after the turbo. Do you think that it ok is? Please check the Lambda and Spark table and this log i got and comment. The outside temperature was very low i and i think in the sommer it would be even more.

http://www.vems.hu/files/High%20EGT.xls
                                I see no problem Billman. My tuner says 850 Celcius after the turbo (so approx 950 in the EM) is still ok and the maximum you should take into account.

Comment

Working...
                                X