No announcement yet.

Another "Stroker" Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you sure that the EGT-gauge is showing correct values?

Comment

AFR (lambda) table
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi, thanks for the table!

I have calibrated my WB-sensor on free air (didnt do this before) and now i think that i have it right! at idle with Lambda 1 -1.02 i have 380-430 Celcius (indicates also that it is correct)
        Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Some minor update, car is running nice on VEMS. Now playing with lautch control and Anti lag settings. Still trying to figure out what setting to use for the Antilag.

I also try to make the car idle nice with the AC switched on with the current VEMS FW. With the next FW update it will be more easier since there are going to be implemented more features.

The setup i got now is for E50. I am happy i can run the car with lower costs since the gas prices went so high.
          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Fine now you know how to work with vems,now get on with the holset turbo so we can learn more and follow the trait....

Comment

What length should the oil lines for the turbo have so that i can use ut with the RS2 manifold now and in the future with a SQ one or a nice header?

I am really looking foreward to install this turbo and see what i can get, first and with caution with the stock RS2 engine maybe with other injectors and then with the stroker.
              Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

New Siemens Deka injectors fitted today. I love VEMS! It took 20 minutes to install them and 3 minutes to get it running fine with VEMS! The n ext will be the 044 install with the Holset... Still no money for Pistons and the rest for the Stroker :-(
                Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

small update on part collecting.... I thought lot of time if i buy something like this and when the price was right i bought one to see how it is in Real.
                  You can see the imperfections in the casting and machining process (but that is not something o good dremel couldnt fix). How thick should the runner wall be?

Last edited by Billman; 2 November 2008, 17:39.
                  Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

thats

one weird looking manifold..
                    japanischer industriabfall nein danke!!
                    www.rackeltrim.se Icelandic Division

Comment

it is the cast iron version of the tubular manifold already sold on ebay,and it also resembles most of the tubulars we see.It almost looks like the one repo makes in design,but in cast iron rather than stainless steel

This would be interesting,as if it holds up and can be also cryogenically treated it could be a nice option as well.Of course it is not bolt on as the one Carsten has,and needs alterations of the downpipe as well,but it is good that it has longer runners i think.It might be able to be less restrictive!

tell us more after the use of it!

Comment

Done it
                        Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

I maybe give a small material sample for analysis! It is interested to see out of what it is!

How thick should the runner walls be? How thick are the RS2 and the Wagner ones?
                          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Wagner has a wall thickness of approx 7mm with a 38.5mm I/D
                            sigpic
                            1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                            1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                            1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Good Billman,if you do that then we'll know the material and the nickel content!
                              It would be nice though to get a little bit of both worlds.Long runners and a cast manifold!!

Comment

after installing the 044 i am collecting parts for the Holset Installation on the original ADU engine.

I still need to figure some problems out because of the custom parts needed (see link)
                                http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33375

Have made the oil lines for the turbo and made some pictures of the Holset with the K26 turbine housing.

I also need to look at those Turbo calculator so i figure out the boost values in order not to exceed the 500 NM mark in order not to stress to much the stock rods.
                                Last edited by Billman; 26 November 2008, 12:50.
                                Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Working...
                                X