• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very nice, how much??? ;-)

Peter, what rod length are you using?
    Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Where did you buy that Super 40?
      Is the 35/40 for sale as a hybrid or did you make that combo yourself?
      Your hotside seems to be a #16 one, the Super40 is #14 IIRC.

Comment

• Hi, i bought it as is but it is not sold like this from Holset. Super 40 is called actually the HX40 Turbo with a 7 Blade 60/85 compressor impeller despite the turbine housing dimensions.

The exhaust housing i am going to use is a 16 either on the 35/40 hybrid and the HX40 (full 40).
        Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• its still in pieces.159mm.

Peter Nanassy

Custom Engine Management,and Electronic Fuel Injection solutions supplier , contact me for details.

http://www.carstyling.hu/car_shower.php?id=19845
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYOVA_285Rs

Comment

• Originally posted by Billman View Post
            Hi, i bought it as is but it is not sold like this from Holset. Super 40 is called actually the HX40 Turbo with a 7 Blade 60/85 compressor impeller despite the turbine housing dimensions.

The exhaust housing i am going to use is a 16 either on the 35/40 hybrid and the HX40 (full 40).
            I've found some of your posts on the DSM forum
            Did you buy the parts directly from Holset?
            I'm in need of the Super 40 Billet impeller 60/86 and the matching compressor cover.
            I want to use a #14 hotside instead of a #16.

Comment

• i wrote to bullseye for this and they need the part number of the compressor impeller to answer me amount the billet wheel.

i have a cast wheel, and other than the billet being a bit lighter, what other + do you get with the billet wheel?

Comment

• nothing more really
                there is a good article on the garrett page about billet Vs cast.

I read the dsm forum from time to time. I found the turbo in ebay.
                Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Nice project

Comment

• Material is more homogenic & dense, so walls can be engineered much thinner. That's billet impellers are much lighter, so lower inertia gives some earlier spoolup.
                    Downside is geometric shape. Castings can be more complex, although this is going to be changing in the near future.

HighTechTurbo delivers some hopups for a HX40 hybrid: http://www.htturbo.com/cu.htm
                    For my HX52 there is a newer generation wheel available coming from Scania trucks. Haven't sourced it yet.

Comment

• http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showpos...6&postcount=19
                      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• @pnanassy

what specs do your pistons have? Do you have the order paper?
                        Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• My problem is here:

The oem piston has an oil squirt notch in the skirt, do you need this?* We may not be able to position*the heigth correctly due to the stroke change.
                          The OEM pistin has offset pin bores, we do not use offset pin bores on this type of piston is that ok?

What did the rest of the stroker do? Do you prep the oil squirt noch or not?
                          What is the offset pin bores?
                          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Billman,

My custom pistons are shorter so the oil squiter notch is not needed, they have also been supplied with centered wrist pins.

OEM pistons look like they are 2mm over to the exhaust side on the pins.

Will have to look up the theory on this.
                            Attached Files
                            Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

• ok, that means i dont need an oil noch because the pistons are going to be far away from the oil squirters and i can place the piston pin on the center and not offset as in the original application.
                              Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Originally posted by quattro84 View Post
                                Where did you buy that Super 40?
                                Is the 35/40 for sale as a hybrid or did you make that combo yourself?
                                Your hotside seems to be a #16 one, the Super40 is #14 IIRC.
                                Hello Billman, here some other results in two different environments with that turbo to help you decide and adjust:

In Saab front rubber burner and the turbo specs:
                                http://www.stcf.net/Tribute_2x4.pdf
                                page: 9

And Audi 20v turbo with same 60mm/65mm turbo:
                                but the Exhaust #16 11,2 CATCAMS nockenwellen about:
                                270NM/3000, 370/3500, 460/4000, 640/4500, 675/5000, 689/5500, 670/6000 and then some more adjustments needed and about 1800RPM to go.... Boost setting is max 2.3bar Above that boost the backpressure gets too high / AR too small. Though the #16 seems to be quite nice.
                                Saab in above link ref. about:
                                185NM/3000, 240/3500, 300/4000 etc.....
                                - difference is #18 exhaust and otherwise same turbo
                                - Saab is tired too long time with #18
                                Last edited by Tommy200rs; 14 December 2009, 18:50.

Comment

Working...
                                X