No announcement yet.

Another "Stroker" Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First thing to do is get the deck height checked. I measured mine and it was 236.537mm, this will make your CR lower than what your planning and the spreadsheet your using does not figure that, it just assumes the piston @ TDC is flush with the block.
    sigpic
    1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
    1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• did you weld the block at number 4?

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/attachm...6&d=1105024924
      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• [QUOTE=Billman;428192]did you weld the block at number 4?

why dont you use tdi head gasket and weld up the cyl head?
        its easyer and safer to weld alu, than cast iron.
        --------------------------------------------------------
        Real carbon parts for S2 and RS2. Check Carbondesign on facebook

Comment

• i will ask and see what is easier for the machine shop.

How do you measure the deck height. I must know so i can explain deck height in Greek.
          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• You need to measure from the centre line of the crank to the deck face, i.e. the face the cylinder head sits on. I took mine to work and did it with a Faro arm, not everybody has one of these though
            If your having to explain to your machine shop what this is, are they really the right people to be doing the job?
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyP View Post
              If your having to explain to your machine shop what this is, are they really the right people to be doing the job?
              +1

Critical information! Made me think the same Andy. You must confirm the height. topdecks can been milled flat after some warpage due to blown gaskets.

[offtopic]
              What version of Faro arm do you use? the laser-pointer version?
              [/offtopic]

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyP View Post
                The machine shop does not understand deck height, they understand: Υψος από το κέντρο του στροφάλου μεχρι πάνω!
                Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Originally posted by quattro84 View Post
                  +1

[offtopic]
                  What version of Faro arm do you use? the laser-pointer version?
                  [/offtopic]
                  We have about 4 now, I think they are all Platinum's.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Billman View Post
                    The machine shop does not understand deck height, they understand: Υψος από το κέντρο του στροφάλου μεχρι πάνω!
                    Deck height is measured from the crankshaft centerline to the deck (cylinder head mounting surface) of the block

Or: Deck ύψος μετράται από τη γωνιακή centerline στο κατάστρωμα (κυλινδροκεφαλής ανάρτησης επιφάνεια) του block.

Comment

• yes that is excactly what billman's mechanic told him apparently(if i judge from the greek stuff he wrote)!!hehe

Comment

• Clutch came in from clutchnet Red 3x plate with Sic Pad Sprung sinter disc. Sachs "plastic" release bearing that i am going to use with a 7A Flywheel.
                        Attached Files
                        Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Which plate are you going to use?
                          91 S2 coupé - RIP
                          98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

• So, after some time there has been some slight change in plans. I thought that maybe with the stroker i should try and use a smaller turbo than the Super 40 Holset.....the Super 40/HX35 with a Billet compressor impeller.

The difference between the turbos is that the Super 40 has an (60/84mm) cast compressor impeller and a 75/65mm turbine Impeller and the Super 40/35 Hybrid has a Billet 60/84mm compressor impeller and a 70/60mm turbine impeller.

My thought is that with the Hybrid + Stroker i am going to have a very quick spool with massive torque with a good high HP compromise.

what do you think?
                            Attached Files
                            Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• i think i am going for the sprung one!
                              Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Peter Nanassy

Custom Engine Management,and Electronic Fuel Injection solutions supplier , contact me for details.

http://www.carstyling.hu/car_shower.php?id=19845
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYOVA_285Rs

Comment

Working...
                                X