Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rash View Post
    what is the reason for this behaviour??
    I never experienced surge on my GT3071R using ADU cams and ADU cam wheel.

Comment

• mine wasnt and i only got a bit of surge witrh motronic when trying to bring boost way too early. We ended up being too safe on motronic and with vems i get no surge either

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamo
        Your map wasn't aggresive IIRC due to your clutch
        your right on that. Maybe it would surge when full boost (2.0 bar) was made instead of the 1.7. However Vas never had these problems IIRC

I thought GT2871R gave surge in some setups.......

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
          mine wasnt and i only got a bit of surge witrh motronic when trying to bring boost way too early. We ended up being too safe on motronic and with vems i get no surge either
          Ow, I missed that posting. I recalled it correctly.

So indeed Vas did not have surge issues on the GT3071R

Comment

• only with VEMS use though. As i never had the car remapped by anyone else in motronic. A few goes by Paul brought surging back so we didnt go for it

Comment

• Originally posted by Billman View Post
              please post these results as soon as you can because i am about to install the cams and i really dont know yet what to choose between ADU, AAN or 7A or combinations of them!
              Results: http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42953

Comment

• Questions here about performance and reliability:

ADU oilpump 500 Euros + Adu Water pump 160 Euros = 660 Euros
                3B Oilpump 200 Euros + 3B Waterpump 60 Euros = 260 Euros

1. Are the any reliability concerns in the way the belt is tensioned in the 3b Setup?

2. Another question: Should i use a block Girdle? would i have any problems with it?
                I found one cheap and i think that if then now is the the time for it!

3. Do i need only the ouside adj. cam sprocet or one internal for the inlet cam?
                Last edited by Billman; 26 February 2010, 08:26.
                Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Pls some comments....i must order the parts!!!
                  Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Well I'll be running the 3B set up on mine, it shouldn't be any different to a std 3B and there are no reliability issues with them.
                    If your buying a new oil pump it would be worth stripping it and checking it for machining swarf. There was a thread a while back about pumps now being made in Korea and they still have dirt/swarf in them. I got mine from 034 and it's made in Germany
                    sigpic
                    1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                    1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• Ok, what about the girdle and the adjustable cam wheels?
                      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• I'm not using a girdle as I'm not planning on using big revs. I have an adjustable cambelt sprocket but no adjustment on the cam chain sprockets. I think Jamo has these and Repo has set them up for him. They are OK as long as you know what changes to make.
                        sigpic
                        1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                        1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                        1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• The girdle makes sense if you are going above 7500 RPM?

What cams ar you using?
                          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• dude, read pls!!!!! I am asking: the girdle makes sense if you're going above 7500 RPM or it makes sense in general because you are strengthening the block?
                            Last edited by Billman; 27 February 2010, 15:57.
                            Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• 800NM are ok??? :-p

Made some calcs:

7500rpm 7000rpm

Stock 86.4 / 144mm

Max Piston Speed 35.45 33.1

Stroker 95.5 / 158mm rod

Max Piston Speed 39.2 36.7

New TTRS Engine with 92,8stroke has a rev limit of 6800 and at this rpm a Max piston speed of 34,6.
                              Last edited by Billman; 27 February 2010, 16:51.
                              Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Originally posted by Billman View Post
                                Questions here about performance and reliability:

ADU oilpump 500 Euros + Adu Water pump 160 Euros = 660 Euros
                                3B Oilpump 200 Euros + 3B Waterpump 60 Euros = 260 Euros

1. Are the any reliability concerns in the way the belt is tensioned in the 3b Setup?

2. Another question: Should i use a block Girdle? would i have any problems with it?
                                I found one cheap and i think that if then now is the the time for it!

3. Do i need only the ouside adj. cam sprocet or one internal for the inlet cam?
                                1: No. Std 3B so same reliability. Only problem is that you may get a water leak if you have to readjust the belt. Use some grease on the block surface and you should be fine. Haven't had any trouble with mine.

2: I use one, but know of many high HP engines running without. Compare a 2.2 and a 2.5 block and you'll see that the 2.5 is beefier at the bottom end. It's up to you to decide I'm afraid
                                Problems:
                                - You'll need accurate spacers between main caps and girdle.
                                - ARP bottom end: one bolt has to be shorter to avoid the oil check valve and you have to use 2 bokts for the rear main cap. Studs hit oil pan.
                                - Front subframe has to be "cut & shut" to make room for the lower pan.

3. Need on internal to adjust inlet from exhaust cam.

Comment

Working...
                                X