No announcement yet.

Another "Stroker" Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideas about the engine gearbox issue?

Anyone else on the piston thingy? Should I take the "button" out and check if something else popes out?
    Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• What gearbox/clutch/flywheel are you using?
      sigpic
      1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
      1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
      1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• Crb gearbox, 7a flywheel and clucthnet cluTch for 3b! I removed the spacer!
        Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• have you tried to put the clutch disc on the primary shaft of the gearbox? When it wasn't fitted to the flywheel I mean.

Comment

• Yes no problems there! I trie the bearing also and it fits no prob!
            Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• I had the same issue... when you pressed the clutch pedal without clutch mounted, the piston gets out of the cylinder and you can throw ist away...

...the piston is stuck in the cylinder and so you're not able to put the gearbox and the engine together... I had exactly this issue and I know many people got the same...

dismount the clutch slave cylinder an you will be able to put engine and gearbox together...

...buy a new unit of clutch slave cylinder an mount ist in at least...

Comment

• i pressed the clutch when i saw that i cant get it toghether to see if the pedal has backpressure....must i buy a new one or can the oldone be reused?
                Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• i bought a new one... its the safe way... and not sooo expensive...

and mount it after you mounted the engine to the gearbox...

by the way... have you changed from two mass fywheel to single mass and forgotten to skim the two sleeves??

Comment

• I have 2 new 3b sleeves! Found the problem...i think! I dint opened the bleeding valve when i tried to put it in and it gives a pretty high resistance there. If i push it in then it goes another 3-4 cm back! When i press it manually and put the pressure plate-disc and flywheel then it goes allmost completely in the bellhousing.

Q: How do i open this f@cking bleeding valve-bolt! It seems as it is a 11 number but nothing fits there!
                    Last edited by Billman; 30 March 2010, 17:54.
                    Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Any tips on how to open this bleeding valve with the gearbox in place?
                      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Remove wheel and reach the hole in the wing that the steering rod comes through. You have to do it by feel as you can't get you head and hand in the same place to see!! I think you have to have it in a certain gear to make sure the shifter linkage is out the way. I'm sure the bolt is an 11mm.
                        sigpic
                        1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                        1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                        1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• Ok block is in! The question now is: how is the bleeding procedure? When I am pressing the pedal now it goes completely to the metal and I can only feel the spring that helps the movement! The master cylinder is pushed in and I must pull it out everytime in order to bleed it?
                          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Small Update, clutch is OK and lighter than the old original one! Hopefully is the head Tomorrow ready and bolted till Wednesday.
                            Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• twin scroll turbo???? That must be laggy What are your expectations of spool-up and max power?

Comment

Working...
                              X