No announcement yet.

Another "Stroker" Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I spun mine over yesterday for the first time and I was getting about 1.5bar oil pressure on the starter. I had a brand new oil pump but it was packed with vasaline to aid priming, took about 20secs to see pressure on the gauge.
    sigpic
    1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
    1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• Vems needs to see the crank pin and the cam signal both at the same time to run. The flywheel gap must be less than 1mm also. You need a 2 channel scope to look at both signals while cranking. The crank pin must be in the cam window

Comment

• Today it started!!!!
        Problem: I dont see any oil pressure so i turned it off immediately. When i turn the key it goes to zero. But it doesnt go any further? How should the cables be connected?

I noticed that the turbo spun right away even without the WG on the manifold that leads me to 2 conclusions:

1. Holset rocks!!!
        2. I have oilpressure because the tappets are quite and the turbo spun so easily.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhuttqTBN5g
        Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• very nice!!!

Comment

• just earth the one of the wires that go to the sender.
            Rob..
            94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
            87 UR 20v ABY
            97 S6 Avant
            96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
            1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

• Originally posted by GT500 View Post
              just earth the one of the wires that go to the sender.
              on the other end of it or simply remove one from the sender and ground it? Electro-wise i am not very good....
              Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Yes at the sender,
                Rob..
                87 UR 20v ABY
                97 S6 Avant

Comment

• @Jamo

do you have any picture from where you conected the sensors? I did it at the same position where the stock one was but still don't get any pressure!

There is the oil pressure sender for the gauge and another one the one over the other! Where goes what? Any pictures?
                  Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• I've put the oil pressure sender in the upper of the two holes and it's seeing pressure. I'll try and get a picture tomorrow.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Thanks!

Can it be that due to the girdle the oilpump is not capable to suck the oil up till the is some in engine? The girdle move everything almost 1cm further.

I think I have no oil at all there where the sensor sits! Should I remove the oil feed of the turbo while cranking (without plugs) to see if there is any oil coming?
                      Last edited by Billman; 17 July 2010, 23:38.
                      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• If you have no oil at the sender you won't have oil any where! not good!

You must have an air leak at the girdle. The pump will rather suck air than oil.

I wouldn't turn it start it until you have checked it. Don't want poorly bearings after all that work!
                        Rob..
                        87 UR 20v ABY
                        97 S6 Avant

Comment

• The girdle was the spacer for the pump it self and it was sealed properly then i used the rest as stock. see pictures attached.

I noticed the following. There is an nut the come between the warning light switch and the block and i din't used this. Can it be that the switch is sitting too deep not letting oil pass to the pressure sender?
                          Attached Files
                          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• I didn't think it would fit without that nut? I thought it was an adaptor to take it from one thread type to another?

This is mine:-

Last edited by AndyP; 18 July 2010, 11:33.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Quick way to check for air leak.
                              Fill with lots of oil. (enough to get to the girdle jount). Spin over with plugs out. look for it coming out of the sender hole. IF it does, drain to normal level and try spin again. If it stops pumping its a leak and not a dry pump.
                              Rob..
                              87 UR 20v ABY
                              97 S6 Avant

Comment

• i will do that! Do we know how much oil do we want till we fill the sump?
                                Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Working...
                                X