Another "Stroker" Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well done for finding that!

That looks difficult to weld it from that side. Does it go through to the headgasket face?
    If so I'd wip the head off and weld it from there.Or tap it and locktite a grub screw in.

HTH
    Rob..
    94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
    87 UR 20v ABY
    97 S6 Avant
    96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
    1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

• how does a grub screw looks like? I dont feel very comfortable welding it (thinking that the head will deform).
      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Well thats what we call them!
        Its just like a bolt with only the thread. With an allen key drive so you can turn it...

search grub screw on the bay!

Rob..
        87 UR 20v ABY
        97 S6 Avant

Comment

• i know what you mean!

Should i use loctite or Elring high temp gasket sealant?
          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• you mean this metal glue? greyish color?
            Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• I wouldn't use that when it gets hot and cold hundreds of times plus its under pressure. Bound to let you down.
              Rob..
              87 UR 20v ABY
              97 S6 Avant

Comment

• I could use chemical metal on the threads + rubber ring or copper washer on top? Twin safety?
                Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Originally posted by Billman View Post
                  I could use chemical metal on the threads + rubber ring or copper washer on top? Twin safety?
                  Are you thinking of trying to tap the hole through the water rail opening? just looks about impossible from here..
                  It would need to be a flat surface around the hole for a copper washer/ring to seal.

Just a thought, can you see the hole from looking up with the sump off? if so you could adapt a tap on to a longish rod and tap it from below...
                  Rob..
                  87 UR 20v ABY
                  97 S6 Avant

Comment

• i see the head below but not the hole. I can make it even but i must see if i can thread it; I may have to destroy a thread tool to make it fit in there.
                    Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• OK, i used a bolt and chemical metal. Operating temperatures from the manufacturer -54 till +150 degrees celcious. Must look for another head sometime.... because the other two i have have the usual cracks. My brother in law's mechanic used the very samematerial on his car 5 years ago on the head where a oil pressure line was and still holds! Have my fingers crossed it will hold!
                      Last edited by Billman; 21 July 2010, 00:19.
                      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• car started today....oil pressure etc seems ok. I think i still have some other issues with the timing pin and timing in general.
                        Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• ok, i need some help here:

Can it be that the Flywheel pin and Hall window alignment are 180 degrees off?
                          Last edited by Billman; 25 July 2010, 17:22.
                          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Anyone?

When I had the engine running with the ISV disconnected it sucked more air and as the rpm rised to 3000 the turbo was spinning pretty fast and gave me the impression as it was running with antilag! Too retarded.

That's why I am asking about the allignment.
                            Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Is there an air leak on inlet manifold side of throttle. This will the engine rev like the throttle is slightly open. Try disconnecting idle valve to see if revs cam down. You need to confirm spark timing with a strobe light.

Comment

• There was a leak on the isv hose! Now the idle is nice! I am also going to change the hall sensor tomorow. After that I am gonna check ignition.

sorry for the bad quality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_19OCvMQj9o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd-RGEGPadk
                                Last edited by Billman; 27 July 2010, 00:24.
                                Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Working...
                                X