No announcement yet.

Another "Stroker" Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another one with belts etc....hope that i make it for downpipe an dIC piping tomorow.

need to see how i will fit that 600-300-something IC under the RS2 bumper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjbsr6tO808
    Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• after the car worked for approx 20 minutes with the first oil i changed oil and filter again!

Q: Is it normal that the first oil is after that short period not clean? It is dark greyish and and you can not see throu.

After the oil change i drove for exhaust and IC. Hopefully it will be ready in the evening. The engine got very hot in a 3 kilometer way....

Q: Is it common on new engines because the moving parts need time to sit or is it only because i run lean (lean will go away since with the downpipe i can run the wide band again)?
      Last edited by Billman; 29 July 2010, 09:46.
      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• it is normal to see the oil very dirty, because everything sits in and rough edges get properly adjusted.

Comment

• What is the limit for a full 3 inch downpipe that divides in 2 65mm at the cats and has the wastegate connected approx 60 cm after the turbo?
          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Opinions please?
            Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Depending on cats. Downpipe etc will flow over 500 but cats might cause back pressure.

Comment

• I have now a 3 inch downpipe and the eg connected further down, stock cats( for the time being) and a bn pipes cat back with 2 pipes all the way and 1 silencer. I hope this will be enough...
                Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• the basics of runnnig an engine in Bram as i see it are this.

all bearings and surfaces than move need to be bedded in. this is not necessarily the 2 touching but making their own clearence.

rod bearings, crank, rings and bores all are affected.

in order to get a ringf to seat properly the bore is honed making it rough. the ring them pushes into the bore taking some of the roughness away and getting a good seal. this is why mineral runnnig in oil should be used for the first few m iles. no deturgents in it and not as slippery. a synthetic oil makes it very difficult for the bores to wear in.

your oil may be darkish grey ish and shimmery. those are the bits of metal thatr have removed from the procedure of running in. a magnet should pick the big bits up.

Comment

• My first/filter oil change was after 10 min idle. Now have a low quality synth base 10-40 done 5 km for exhaust and back. I will let it in for approx. 100-150 km and then thinking for a Mobil1 5-50.

I hope I will not have other issues with the engine so I can map it poperly. When I am back from holidays I will post pictures of IC. Fitted a 600x300x76 with the aux rad in place and stock IM.
                    Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Still need a stroker map....
                      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Q: What tool exactly do I need in order to measure the degrees the pin comes before TDC?

Pictures?
                        Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• It's hard to do with coilpacks on the plug. Take coil pack on cylinder 1 off the plug. Get a long plug lead and make it temporaly fit the coil pack and the plug. Fit a strobe lights pickup on that long lead. It will then flash the strobe when the spark fires. Start engine and set spark map to 0 deg and idle engine. Point strobe light at flywheel and gearbox. The light should just flash at 0 deg marker. Make sure vems says 0 deg on the screen. Adjust the reference setting to give tdc at 0 deg.

Comment

• Ok! I have efi express ls4 coils.
                            Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Ok, but how can I calculate there the degrees? Let's say I make white line at the flywheel at the point where the pin is, how can I see how many degrees are there?
                              Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Ok and how does it work? I set degree on the light till it lights when the pin-line comes and that is the degree before TDC?
                                Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Working...
                                X