• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i had in my PC this one. i think it is possible even with my rods
    Attached Files
    Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Came in contact with Clutchnet and they want to know if this is the clutch fitted in the 3B engine (or in ADU with sigle mass).

Can someone please confirm this?
      Attached Files
      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• You're right, i saw it afterwards!

What about the clutch?
        Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• jamo made an imprtant point there.

get the pistons. have them measured and each bore needs to be matched with clearance that is in the piston spec.

didn't know this myself until i built a 16vt block a few years ago.

Comment

• i know, i am goint to the machine shop first and then order the pistons.
            Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Originally posted by Billman View Post
              i know, i am goint to the machine shop first and then order the pistons.
              I made that mistake, buy the pistons first.
              91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
              93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
              94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

• you will be shocked when they arrive that they are not all the same size billman.

get the pistons, send them and the block along with the tech spec to a good shop. they will match a bore to a piston and number them

Comment

• otherwise it could be okward (spelling?)

One thing i've learned we are way behind the Scandinavians!

Comment

• the pistons would not have the same size? What the F@ck is this?

This guy that has CP pistons in UK wrought: Re the tolerances. We check od and weight on all the cp pistons we use in the engines we build. All the od's we have checked were within +/- 0.008mm and weights were +/- 0.5g
                    Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• He said:

We bore is a Haas CNC and hone in a computor contolled Sunnen CK21. The CP pistons are very good and will be all the same size, they are always +/- 0.0001".

Did you have those problems with JE?
                      Last edited by Billman; 20 August 2009, 18:37.
                      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• The problem is not the pistons, its the machine shop. Boring/honing isnt as scientific as machining a set of pistons, with a piston in hand they can get the clearance just right.
                        91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                        93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                        94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

• Yes, i am going to do it like this also. I must bring it to the machine shop only to tell me how much must the block bored (because of wear etc). If not then i am going for 81,5 pistons and bore the block accordingly.
                          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamo
                            You need to buy the pistons then have the machine shop bore the block to the physical piston sizes

i know what you mean jamo but for those who dont the bore needs to be bigger than the piston by the spec tolerence other wise it wont fit in the hole.

if you get the pistons and ask for the block to be bored to that size they wont go in.

did we not all have a fisher-price cube? lol

Comment

• @Gazza
                              i got that :-p

Another question is: Why noone is using the diesel head gasket. It can handle some abuse for sure (is also a metal layer gasket) and it comes in 3 different heights to fit with a skimmed head on the diesel. With this there is also no need to weld that corner on the block like Pisobiker did. Did the rest of you weld this corner or is it fine as is?

1,53mm

1,57mm

1,61mm

http://cgi.ebay.de/Zylinderkopfdicht...d=p3286.c0.m14
                              Last edited by Billman; 21 August 2009, 17:44.
                              Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• I would also like some help from you guys to confirm i am ordering the correct pistons? AEL Diesel Block and Crank with 158mm long and 23mm piston pin rods.
                                Attached Files
                                Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Working...
                                X