This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First of all.....That is Yogi bear......not that purple atrocity

Wont hear a bad thing said about Barney the dinosaur...saw him on stage at Alton Towers about 6-7 maybe 8 years ago...wow what a show that was my children couldnt believe their eyes...neither could i...well they were entertained and completely in ore and i just fell asleep actually
    S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

• [QUOTE=saltinot;697357]993tt is a direct replacement for the rings. I have already mounted a set to my new bells. Pictures are on their way.......

I have been trying to locate some 322mm rotors to replace mine where did you get yours and how much were they ?

Thanks
      RS 2 580HP

Comment

• Originally posted by saltinot View Post
        First of all.....That is Yogi bear......not that purple atrocity.
        For the record, I was thinking of the MGM cartoon character called Barney Bear not a purple dinosaur called Barney. But I digress....

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wyn View Post
          First of all.....That is Yogi bear......not that purple atrocity

Wont hear a bad thing said about Barney the dinosaur...saw him on stage at Alton Towers about 6-7 maybe 8 years ago...wow what a show that was my children couldnt believe their eyes...neither could i...well they were entertained and completely in ore and i just fell asleep actually
          My kids haven't seen him yet! Not having TV does have its advantages.

Originally posted by jade View Post
          I have been trying to locate some 322mm rotors to replace mine where did you get yours and how much were they ?

Thanks
          I bought a two sets several years ago to replace the rings on my S6 (Movit kit). I was having vibration problems at the time and thought the problem was the rotors......it wasn't. Turned out that the caliper wasn't aligned.

Bought them from ECS Tuning, I just checked and they are not available from them any more. ECS Tuning - 993 turbo discs

Comment

• I bought a two sets several years ago to replace the rings on my S6 (Movit kit). I was having vibration problems at the time and thought the problem was the rotors......it wasn't. Turned out that the caliper wasn't aligned.

Bought them from ECS Tuning, I just checked and they are not available from them any more. ECS Tuning - 993 turbo discs[/QUOTE]

I have bells just need the rings, I Will keep on hunting or pay the big bucks
            RS 2 580HP

Comment

• Originally posted by jade View Post
              I have bells just need the rings, I Will keep on hunting or pay the big bucks
              An alternative to the OE Porsche is Coleman. Can save you a little money. They are well known in NASCAR circles and produce just the rings. I have heard of Porsche folks sourcing rings from Coleman for their 993tt.

Comment

• O/T again Tom sorry i know theres no tv at yours but theres only so many 60s and 70s Spiderman and Batman dvds that your boys can watch before theres a real`need to see`the one they call Barney ...then before you know it its Call of Duty and Far Cry
                S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

• Hi Guys.. striped my RS2 for painting.. new wings.. new tailgate.. Require Black Sil Trim Tops N/A from Audi ..... Does any1 know where i could get?? Also need Near Side RS2 Mirror as it is ceased wont turn 2 get last bolt out.. :-( Cheerz

Comment

• Originally posted by Ross View Post
                    I'll be in the US after Easter, might have to look into one of these! Talking of which, I may be driving from Kentucky to Florida which would put me in your neck of the woods... Perhaps I should donate a part so I can claim its part mine
                    When you get to Kentucky give me a call.
                    "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

• Originally posted by quattrodudes2 View Post
                      Hi Guys.. striped my RS2 for painting.. new wings.. new tailgate.. Require Black Sil Trim Tops N/A from Audi ..... Does any1 know where i could get?? Also need Near Side RS2 Mirror as it is ceased wont turn 2 get last bolt out.. :-( Cheerz
                      The sill covers are NLA, but Audi Tradition is working with the supplier to do another run. Hopefully they will have something soon. Touch wood.

Comment

• dont worry, aaron will make carbon sill covers for us...
                        Audi Quattro WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Sküll View Post
                          dont worry, aaron will make carbon sill covers for us...
                          He already makes them for the B3 coupes, right?
                          RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

• Originally posted by saltinot View Post
                            Most folks know that there are many parts that are exclusive to the RS2. We all know the usual suspects, the inlet, exhaust manifold, intercooler, etc. but there are many more that seem to continue to fly under the radar, i.e. the headlight trims I detailed a couple of weeks ago. One of my goals in this thread is to shead light on these odd parts in an effort to unravel the mystery of the original RS.

The RS2 front brake cooling duct is one of those parts. Their purpose is to direct cool air from under the car into the front brake rotors. RS2 air ducts can be added to any car that is equipped with cast control arms. In fact I have been using them on my B2 90q turbo track car for several years. Yes, it has a complete S2 front suspension. These are a basically just a curved plastic part that attaches to the (cast) front lower control arms via a brass nut, spring washer, and a tie wrap.

The part numbers below is includes everything you would need to fit them.

1 8A0 615 336 Right duct
                            1 8A0 615 335 Left duct
                            2 N 0122307 Spring washer
                            2 N 90651601 Nut
                            2 N 0209022 Tie wrap

A before.....

A clip molded on the back side allows you to hang them on the control arm until you get the nut and tie wrap in place.

Slide the duct on the control arm until you've centered it on the forward most stud on the control arm.......

......slide the spring washer over the stud inbetween the duct and the nut on the ball joint, then thread on the nut until the spring washer has compressed fully and the nut is tight. Should look like this when finished.

All that is left to do now is attach the tie wrap, which is a little insurance so it doesn't fall off. No pic of it with the tie wrap on, but this is the job completed from the rear.

One observation on these......the ducts on my B2 90q had a small slot to run the tie wrap through. These ducts were removed from a parts RS2. The parts in the pics were ordered new from Audi about 4 years ago and did not have the slot to attach the tie wrap, however this is easily remedied with a drill.

You would think that they should all be the same.

All I can say sir is I'm absolutely enthralled with this build thread!

Regarding these air ducts.....I'm all over acquiring them! Thanks a mint for providing the part#s. Did you order from a local Audi dealership or did you have to go international?

They should work perfectly for my 90q 20v track car build....I'm in west coast US btw

Comment

• Originally posted by DFrosty View Post
                              All I can say sir is I'm absolutely enthralled with this build thread!

Regarding these air ducts.....I'm all over acquiring them! Thanks a mint for providing the part#s. Did you order from a local Audi dealership or did you have to go international?

They should work perfectly for my 90q 20v track car build....I'm in west coast US btw
                              Thanks for the kind words! I saw your pictures this morning. Lookin' good.

I bought them in Germany. Yes, they will work fine on a 90q.....I've got them on my 4000qt track car with S2 control arms and struts. Be sure to secure them on the back side with a zip tie. I found this out the hard way.

Let me know if you need any help with anything else.

Comment

• I love the "small" changes and details you do to the car. Keep up the good work! beautiful car.

Comment

Working...
                                X