No announcement yet.

SWB Quattro Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indeed, fitted an hardened DIN6319 washer on mine with similar ideas after seeing the OEM top bearing versus the plastic stuff. Still not sure about fitting the plastics but if it works for you it'll for me

Comment

• i was meant to attend that drag racing event with my mate, but, it was sunny on the Saturday, one thing led to another and i woke up with a hangover at 10am on the Sunday when my mate had left at 0700, Gutted. but then, the first txt i get is a pic of your car, double gutted!

Comment

• Just found this thread and loving it, my daily read at work at lunchtimes now for a few days at least, great stuff

Comment

• Lovely video put together by my friend John Bear from a days filming last month.

https://vimeo.com/127360637

Comment

• Ok read all 63 pages, fantastic stuff, couldn't believe how upset I was when it got rolled, still true to form it's back and better ha ever. Sure you don't need encouraged to keep up the good work, it comes naturally, so impressed, big thumbs up for everything

Comment

• Ran the car at Ten of the Best on Saturday. The event takes place at Elvington airfield near York. Its an event to find the fastest street legal car in the UK over 3 events, drag racing, top speed and handling. The event is dominated by Japanese cars so its good fun to get stuck in amongst them!

I had a christening on Sunday so only ran the Saturday. The car ran perfectly all day only needing fuel!

First up was the handling around a short course laid out with cones. Hard to follow to begin with but no risk of crashing. Course was a bit tight to get the car opened up properly but still managed to finish 17th overall out of 120 runners. Video of one of the early runs whilst I was learning the layout. Car decided it would like to have a little over steer in the fast left hander near the start!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3HD...ature=youtu.be

Next up was over to the drag strip and top speed. I didn't make any changes to the car between the handling circuit so was running with high tyre pressure and the diff unlocked. Managed to run a 10.9 @132mph and onto a top speed of 162.763mph in a standing kilometer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBv9...ature=youtu.be

Would have been a lot more in the car if I had chased the quarter time, probably around a 10.5 but was enjoying the handling circuit too much! Dont feel much motivation to chase faster times in the quarter now. Hopefully get to some more events this year!
              Last edited by G60Rallye; 28 July 2015, 18:29.

Comment

• Car is now for sale, end of an era but got to move on.

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81362

Comment

• The end of the cars chapter with me. I hope it gets a lot of use and enjoyment from its new owners!

Comment

• Froggie buy it ? VAISON i know them, i have seen some drift on track with a E36 M3 several years ago
                    sigpic

Comment

• It's heart breaking seeing an empty space like that where a loved car once was but you have the pipeline coming so keep at it and good luck!

Comment

• Glad it's found a new home Hamish, looking forward to seeing the new beast occupying the void
                        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• You must have been sad in some way to see her go...still gives you the funds to really get stuck into the next one, really looking forward to seeing that car come together.
                          1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                          1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                          1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                          1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Working...
                          X