No announcement yet.

Project "Sooty"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, the two black 80 front door handles are now laser red, along with the passenger wing trim. That's all the black trim gone and all nicely colour coded same as the S2 saloon.

The handles are painted alloy, so rubbed them down with some 1200 wet n dry, then a scotch pad. Made sure they were clean with copious amounts of cellulose thinners and a microfibre cloth, then masked up and the laser red sprayed directly on. No primer was used on the handles, just on the small bit of wing trim.
    Six coats all in all and as the sun was blazing today, I only left around 5 mins between coats. They were dry enough to touch within that time.

2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
    2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
    1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

• 2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

• I don't think many will have seen the first picture below of my car. I was taken in 2004 at a show in Edinburgh. I'd come up on the morning very early doors.

On the A68 I'd had a race with a Goldfinch, it lost
        Funny thing was, I remember seeing it, and thought it had got away. Didn't notice at the show until we'd been in there for a hour. Wondered why people were laughing and pointing at the front of my car

Now you are wondering what's this got to do with the Sooty project, stay with with, I'm getting there.
        Coming home from work this morning (I've taken a half shift holiday) I saw something bouncing along the road, thrown around by a car in front. I heard a crunch and assumed I had drove over whatever it was. I do remember looking out the mirror and not seeing it, so thought I'd flipped whatever it was into a ditch.

Got home, parked up, had a coffee, browsed on here etc etc.
        Drove the car round the back and spent the next 2.5 hours painting, only then did I see something "stuck" to the front bumper. WTF :?

It's a Winnie the Pooh kiddies cup LMFAO

2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

• very nice!! i cant wait to see it up close jase!

i bet now you have an extra cup of coffee to offer...even if it is a kids cup!

Comment

• Looking good jas, just needs the wheels to finish it off, some nice pictures on the paper as well

Comment

• Lol you love collecting stuff with your grille, just hope the cup ain't damaged anything.

Comment

• classic!

Best one ive ever managed is a wood pigeon run over while driving a mazda pickup, feathers everywhere

Car looks as well mate.
                Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

• i prefer not to hit anything nowdays.RS4 grill is not that strong and i got my intercooler bent once already

Comment

• Now is it only me or are their naked breasts all over Jase car when he's respraying how do I mod that?

Comment

• lol paint some censored bits on it, or replace them with the one's from his avatar.

Comment

• Sorted

2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

• MIssed this one, taht's some good work sir, looks great and seems to have cost very little

Jamo, no need to mod breasts
                          Cheers'en, AndyC
                          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

• Fantastic work Jas, and I was just gonna say you can tell a man by the masking he uses for his paintwork!

The car looks magnificent and does you credit from the machine you started out with.
                            Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

• how the funk did that cup stick to your bumper?!

Car is looking ace Jas, will be even better with the Avus on there.
                              The Spax seem to have given it a really agressive stance
                              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Thanks for the comments guys, makes it really worthwhile when you get great feedback
                                Really have enjoyed this project.

@ Error, it has another handle on the other side, it was hooked around one of the vertical grille slats. Madness

2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

Working...
                                X