Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vcosmin View Post
    turbine wheels / 5 runs

I really see it flying thru exhaust , over me, and small bits afterwards. Engine seems to be runing smooth thou

It was something like, power , power, then nothing ! broken wheng changing from 2-3 !
    We know Comp stands not for reliability but I don't think that 5 times is normal. Can it be that something hit it? Maybe imbalance?
    Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Well, i also want to know for sure, so the next days i will have the spark plugs down , and check engine inside with a small fiber optical cam, to see if something is from inside. The exhaust manifold collector was perfect , without any marks on it , but better to be sure. Also waiting an answer from krb trading about turbo. For an 78mm turbo @ 2 bar to do around 120 hp over an 67mm @ 1.5 bars does seem strange for me. Also i saw the mismatching turbine to Turbo housing situation from repo's thread, maybe i had the same problem. The 67mm comp was nice, this one, not really !

Comment

• Turbo leaving to comp usa, will see if i can dowgrade it to a 72mm unit

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Last interation of turbo.

CT43 3BB 72/102 - Extended Tip , 79/79 Turbine, 0.81 T4 AR. If still not god, after 4 turbo iteration i am going Garrette

Turbo checked by my little kid, no shaft play dady , this is THE ONE .
          Attached Files

Comment

• Latest settings, that is for the moment, power is the same as with larger turbo / larger housing, spool is better.Now with 1.6bar spring and new n75 no problem with boost management. New LC setup, For the next year, i will keep this turbo , if it holds , try some cams timing modification. Hope to get a very high 9s, with slicks. Latest PB was 10.45@230 with 1.74 60ft and 100hp lower.

For the record, setup is the same .

Larger turbo : CT43 78/79 with 0.96 A/R T4
            Smaller turbo : CT43 72/79 with 0.81 A/R T4
            Attached Files

Comment

• Nice charts. Must be a mental car to drive

Comment

• Hope i find out soon, there is a race nearby me (500km), in the next day, want to have a try.

Comment

• What race where?

Comment

• http://www.dragracing.hu/

kiskunlachaza something

Comment

• Broke my rear diff launching on radials, so to remember for future to always block the rear diff. I managed a 1.17 60ft on street tyres , which was clearly a timing mistake, but it did makes a big surprize for other competitors when i showed them the time slip.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Do you think the rear diff is stronger when its locked then?

Comment

• I dont think is stronger, but i think that should help when lauching hard, and when rear tyres does not have the same grip. Beside most of people drag racing use fully locked rear and welded center. Probably the welded center diff, will take some of trap speed, but gain on first meters.

Comment

• Old diff out / away
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Last race of 2012 season, rainy day, i managed a 11.3 with 1.93 60ft against a Porsche Panamera , on this condition.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by vcosmin View Post
                                Last race of 2012 season, rainy day, i managed a 11.3 with 1.93 60ft against a Porsche Panamera , on this condition.
                                in uk they not let you go in this condition is to dangerous.Nice project

Comment

Working...
                                X