No announcement yet.

Project: RS2 ABY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty sure it's a 007, but will get another one to try ASAP.

All pics are hosted on photobucket and are uploaded, so refresh and should be good

I'll get one of the back tonight, is there anything specific you are looking for? This will be fun
    S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

• 007 is the screw top version, 006 is the one with screws
      Cheers'en, AndyC
      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

• i may be wrong, but i think i have my APR units the other way around. It may not make a difference, but i thought id mention it.

PCV system looks ok to me, although i do have the N80 valve still in the loop.

Comment

• You don't have a PCV that I can see. Just a matter of seeing how that N80 is connected to the IM and breather...
          Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

• Forge DV looks to be fitted correctly - pressure should act on the piston radially, not axially.
            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

• I would replace that fabric lined hose if its original thats for sure! and get a zip tie on the end so it doesn't leak at the nipple.
              Yes Rusty i had a few teething probs with the catch tank system i built a few years ago but then there wasnt as much common knowledge on it all. It didn't end up as complicated as the stuff thats being used now days. In the end I removed the N80 but left it plugged in, I also removed the PCV system completely and just fed the tank form the block with a 30mm hose (flame trap still in place) and from the head with a 19mm hose and then exited it out under the wing. So no vacuum return and no chance of boost leaks.
              It seamed to work ok as the pipe under the wing used to smoke a little every so often (maybe thats not a good thing though )
              91 S2 coupé - RIP
              98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

• No do you have any more WGFV's available so that i can rule mine out? It's one i got from you anyway a year or so ago, so hopefully still in good working order

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonic View Post
                  No do you have any more WGFV's available so that i can rule mine out? It's one i got from you anyway a year or so ago, so hopefully still in good working order

Yeah i got a few left.

I dont think thats it though as if that was playing up the boost would just be low but the AFR wouldn't be that effected.

I can send you another to try though if you like?
                  91 S2 coupé - RIP
                  98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

• correction, the DV orientated like that is excactly as i have it as well

Comment

• Come on guys, I spent saturday pouring over the car and said it in two posts - the breather sytem isnt the issue, it is simple and self contained except for joints to the MAF hose which was bunged, back of the head, block and sump return. There is no way it can be pressurising from the IM, I've looked all around it. It HAS to be via the block or head, and my guess is it's via the block.

Interesting on the point about the turbo oil return though. I hadn't thought about that. I think to bung at the throttle body and test the inlet tract including the turbo would rule that out. Also DV is a point.

Still think fuelling is a separate issue. It is there with or without boost.

I've seen two posts in this thread contradicting on whether there is overlap in the valve opening to allow air to escape that way or not... my experience shows that there is not but I guess the positioning of the cylinders in the bore is pot luck. Anyone got a definitive as to whether this is a possible cause, and turning the engine slightly and trying again would have been a good idea

Current thinking is to leak test the DV, test intake again (in particular rule out turbo seals) and then look at pressure testing the IM again and check for leaks all round it, prob pinch / bung all vac lines out of it to isolate, check IM gasket etc... finally look at a leakdown test in case it's losing it through the rings too quickly.

Once it's making boost the fuelling issue can be addressed, if it still exists (as i suspect it will). Try FPR in case, as if it was not working and taking the 5bar fuel pump pressure that would explain things, and it takes 5 min to swap...
                      AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

• TBF Ross, the thread is rather large, so as stated, I'd not re-read any of it

DV is a likely candidate then - swap it out for one that's known to work.
                        Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

• Originally posted by s2_bo View Post
                          Yeah i got a few left.

I dont think thats it though as if that was playing up the boost would just be low but the AFR wouldn't be that effected.

I can send you another to try though if you like?
                          Cheers Bo, that would be awesome

Does anybody have a 4 bar FPR or DV i can try? I didn't realise another Forge 007 was £100

Comment

• A 710N is fine for diagnostic purposes. The 007 is a little more compact than the 006
                            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

• Unfortunately i snapped my original one in half trying to take it out!

Comment

• Ive got a brand new one if you want to try it?
                                96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
                                96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Working...
                                X