No announcement yet.

Jogi's New Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another step closer, the dash has been re-fitted with the new binnacle. Looking rather smart if I have to say so myself.

Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
    20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• The messed up electrics have been sorted,bare cables removed and the rest tidied and re-sleeved. A couple of pictures showing this with the new fuses and ECU in place.

Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
      20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Some more progress.
        All the new pipework has been pressure tested and is all good.
        EBC fitted, plumbed and wired in

Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
        20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• It seems not much goes easy when customising,:wall:
          The Powerflex camber bolts I mentioned would be fitted would be too short in 12mm guise. So a bit of re-drilling to allow for the longer 14mm versions. All done now.

Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
          20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Chris has, I would say wisely wouldn't I (here's hoping, fingers crossed!) chosen Strut-Stops (photo above) to help colour accent and co-ordinate the inside of his front top-mounts, always an important consideration for any well heeled (cambered?) B2 /3 /4 Quattro or FWD platform, while giving the, some might agree easier task of the lighter back end, over to the perhaps more fashionable and well-known; solid mounts. Longer-term which will he prefer? Strut-Stops welcomes the extra cambered challenge. Will he be the first to break them? Thanks for this opportunity and your vote of confidence in choosing Strut-Stops for the tougher job Chris.

Comment

• I forgot to mention, I bought some 'strut stops' and had them fitted to my rubber mounts. They are supposed to improve the steering feel. Due to all the other suspension mods that have taken place, I doubt I will be able to honestly make any assessment if these have any bearing on the feel or ride. However, I hope the added rigidity will mean the rubbers will last a lot longer and not need changing too often.

Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
              20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• I paid a visit to Stokesley to see the latest car progress today.
                There was a slight hitch as the DTA needed a different configuration for the front pulley. After this was machined adding the necessary teeth, I can report the engine is now up and running on the new ECU. It will need mapping and then the MOT, but almost there.

Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• No real further changes under the bonnet except for a new extended scuttle cover which doubles up as ducting. Something needed to be sorted to eliminate the heat stacking. The idea is, where the space created by moving battery etc, the hot air will be directed out to air through the bonnet slots. Not tested yet though.

Here is the difference – before and after

Last edited by jogi730; 21 June 2019, 22:35.
                  Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                  20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Adding a couple more pictures, showing some previous work in more detail.
                    Here you can see the intricate pipe that was made for the air filter more closely:

And here replacing my rear pipes

Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                    20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Excellent quality work as always. I reckon the ducting you have done for the heat extraction should work well, you always have the option to fit a small fan if you need to.
                      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Interesting move of the screen wash bottle... As a rallyrep we’ve put ours inside the passenger footwell, but the result is the same.
                        85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
                        93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

• The double sized radiator coupled with a proper three speed S2 fan behind it should move much more air than previously.
                          If with this combination the heat stacking still occurs, I may look at introducing a bonnet vent over the turbo. Was hoping to find a Sport quattro one in ABS (don't like fibreglass ones) without success, so would opt for same Ford RS one I am using as an scoop for the air filter.
                          Here is a side on view to show just how much bigger the radiator is.

Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                          20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Taken a little while to update as a lot going on ,
                            As always with a project like this, it seems they are never finished.
                            The car feels very different due to the extensive work carried out.
                            The new poly bushes , which have been fitted all around have made the car feel far too hard now. Although the change was expected, the end result is far harsher making the car quite uncomfortable on out fine British roads. Softer springs, change of damper rating and removal of rear solid mounts will be required.
                            Performance - this is without doubt a very fast car. However, I have spoken to Mark and he agrees a few more tweaks will be needed to get the performance coming in earlier. The thinking at the moment is that the Wagner manifold runners are far larger than an RS2 manifold and even the Repo tubular one I was running.
                            So for the moment, it's great to have her back and time to enjoy until October 2020.
                            I took the car to AITP 11. My car is fairly well known and received many positive comments regarding how it now looks. Always nice to hear.

A couple of negative comments were received with regards . to having the S4 badges front and rear. Well all I can say is, I like them , so they are staying!
                            Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                            20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• I like it

Comment

• What colour polly bushes did you use ?
                                If there the black ones there two harsh for road use .

Comment

Working...
                                X