My 95 S2 Avant Project. LZ5T Coolness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need the braided hoses now though !

i think i have rs2 front brakes but need to change them out as the whole pad doesnt seem to contact the the whole disc , does your entire pad contact the disc ?
    NOT a car dealer! just an S2/RS2 enthusiast

Comment

• I know the 314mm setup on the coupe missed the disc a little, but when I test fitted the 323mm the whole pad contacted the disc.

What flex hose did you use on the rear uprated caliper?
      Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

• Sorry to hear your injured Eric, I am sure you can't wait to get stuck back into it
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• NOT a car dealer! just an S2/RS2 enthusiast

Comment

• How are you getting on Eric?
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Still here,

Got very busy with my 'real' job for the last few months, but in the last week had 3 callers asking to see progress and now you ... its a sign to pull the finger out
              Should get a good bit done over the coming holidays .. hopefully.
              Eric

Comment

• Eric, I'm glad someone else can take the heat for a while.

Looking forward to some updates when you get the time.

Comment

• although you are not off the hook Tom
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• i read most of the project threads in this forum, but this one is the one of the best "turn **** into gold" jobs ive ever seen.

please go on as soon as possible.
                    and id really like the heat shield replacement part.
                    Audi Coupé Quattro 20V

Comment

• Same here, a superb job being done there.Anyone doing this to save one deserves a medal.
                      96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                      96 URS6 plus speck estate
                      94 2.6 80 Avant
                      99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• Thanks guys

Well Season 2 Episode 1 is here at last, its a small intro just to get back into it.

Garage was a mess after the hiatus, so much of today was spend tidying up and preparing for next load of work.

Apart from procrastination, the painting on the inner sides of the replacement doors and tailgate was halting my move forward. In my mind I need to get them painted and fitted to move onto next phase, so that is whats happening now.

Sourcing good 2 good drivers side doors and tailgate was an issue for me, calling local breakers and even national ones usually got no response or just scoffs when I was looking for audi 80 parts.
                        Eventually Johnnybravo at the time as able to sort me out and get me good ones at reasonable shipping cost. This was a good thing really as the Audi S2 avant rear passanger doors have an extra seal, so at least I got the correct ones. This was YEARS ago , and I have not touched them since, until today.

Locks and glass were removed.

Hinges were also removed. Everything then got keyed with 1500 wet/dry.
                        And wiped down, pretty much same procedure as the engine bay.

Makeshift stand.

Final colour coat, lacquer will go on tomorrow.

Rear lock side of the door, you can see the extra slot for the seal that runs along the edge of the door.

So thats it for the the first day back, its not a huge amount but its removed a 'road block' and things should start flowing easier now.
                        Last edited by irishs2; 7 July 2017, 15:37.
                        Eric

Comment

• Glad to see your great work continuing. Looking forward to more updates.
                          1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• Good to see you back in action Eric, looking forward to regular updates now

What paint re you using? 2k? I was always told to shoot the lacquer as soon as the colour had flashed off, about 20 minutes?
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Thanks, yep got the fever back so good to go.

It's just rattlecan paint same as engine bay. It says acrylic on paint can. It did cross my mind as to the timing of the clear coat, but as long as they are not navy I don't mind.

It came out fine, hard to see in this shot but I am happy.
                              Last edited by irishs2; 7 July 2017, 15:38.
                              Eric

Comment

• Had some time tonight to get a small job done.

Insert Part No.

Threads still needed a little clean out, so I used one of the old inserts I took out as a sort of thread cleaner, making sure it could go all the way in easily.
                                I only put a bead of sealant about halve way up all the way around the thread, and screwed the seat in, in a way thinking of the day I might be removing them. At least there will be the top half that wont be glued in.

All seats went in all the way.

Injectors next. I didn't want buy new injectors right now, and these were working perfectly before, so hopefully they are still ok. They each got a coat of por15.

Injectors with seals were a snug fit. A bit of brake fluid helped ease them in.

New clips, old ones looked bad.

Still have got to get a few new bolts, but I am happy with the look.
                                Last edited by irishs2; 7 July 2017, 15:38.
                                Eric

Comment

Working...
                                X