My 95 S2 Avant Project. LZ5T Coolness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subscribed.

I have the silver B4 v6q saloon that your car's engine and box was to go into.

Love the seats.

mcanmar, s2_wot and myself need to pay you a visit to talk S cars.

Comment

Damn your cars over there look awfull underneath

Comment

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
        Damn your cars over there look awfull underneath
        Indeed, salt + idleness are not kind .

Originally posted by Christophski View Post
        Wow! Intense! I plan on doing my shocks and subframes and poly mount it all next year. The bay and all the covers in yours look like they have seen better days. Good luck mate!
        It does look very tired. Everything has to come off. I have both top and bottom sets of victor gaskets already bought, so no choice now but forward and onward.

Originally posted by s2_wot View Post
        Only the oil cooler shroud looks to be a total write off, good luck.
        I am toying with the idea of replacing the whole cooler and shifting it up in place of the aux rad, it depends, I really want the engine bay to look clean and tidy. Did you manage to get that removal tool I sent?

Originally posted by macspring View Post
        Subscribed.

I have the silver B4 v6q saloon that your car's engine and box was to go into.

Love the seats.

mcanmar, s2_wot and myself need to pay you a visit to talk S cars.

Aw yea.. that saloon was very tasty. I nearly wanted to take that too and do what John was going to do, but I really wanted an Avant. I think the seats are the man reason why I bought it . Blinded by Recaro. I know it looks ratty now but everything was coming off anyway in the plan.

Absolutely, any time you are in Cork, ye are all welcome lol
        Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Grr..

Balljoint free.

Stut came out with ease.

Same on the other side.

Look Ma! No Wings.

I broke my 18mm socket so the subframes have to wait until during the week before they come off.
          Last edited by irishs2; 7 July 2017, 15:08.
          Eric

Comment

Originally posted by irishs2 View Post
            Indeed, salt + idleness are not kind .

I am toying with the idea of replacing the whole cooler and shifting it up in place of the aux rad, it depends, I really want the engine bay to look clean and tidy. Did you manage to get that removal tool I sent?
            It's the humidity thats to blame for a lot of that craic.

I did and thank you, going to try it out tonight.
            Shane

Comment

Excellent.

For the last few hours I have been trying to remove this one bolt, without success. Think I might have to remove the bearing carrier and wishbone as one and press out that bolt.

Last edited by irishs2; 7 July 2017, 15:09.
              Eric

Comment

Nice to see someone saving an avant for a change. I've seen far better ones taken apart,which is such a shame.

Comment

Those adjustable bolts are an absolute piig. You'll find the same thing with the ones that go into the rear subframe up high towards the rear. They become rusted (welded) into the component they go through.
                  Shane

Comment

I see lots of grinding and painting in your future. It just looks like a car that has been sitting unused for some time so everything has surface corrosion. Nothing a bit of TLC cant fix.

As Shane said, those camber adjustment bolts and the toe control arms bolts are almost certainly fused together, just cut them out and replace.

Interestingly i had the same issue removing my rear diff and had to cut one off with an angle grinder. When i got the remaining stud out of the diff i found it had locktight type gue on it, but none of the others did.
                    91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                    93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                    94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

You'll need an air hacksaw to cut the bolt, "ruining" the bush, but not damaging the wishbone or the hub.

You need access to a sand blaster, and a powder coat facility.

Agreed much better Avants have been parted out.

Best wishes.

Comment

With the rust of the underneath of the car getting me down a little I decided to check out the engine over the break.

Stripping down went ok, nothing was seized really just took my time with plenty of photos to help me put it back together.

Very brittle turbo coolant feed hose in the lower left

This 15mm nut nearly broke my heart, even with an S bend wrench, as it wasn't bent sharp enough, so with the starter motor removed and oil filter system out of the way a tiny bit more access was given.

Thanks S2_wot for pointing out that these also hold the cover on.

Looks really good here. As far as I can tell anyway.

Last edited by irishs2; 7 July 2017, 15:11.
                        Eric

Comment

Those combustion chambers look err well black!

Comment

Grr..

Balljoint free.

Stut came out with ease.

Same on the other side.

Look Ma! No Wings.

I broke my 18mm socket so the subframes have to wait until during the week before they come off.
                            Sweet Jesus!!! Where did you find that car??? On the bottom of atlantic? The most rusty B4 I ever seen!!!

Comment

Yep its pretty bad... kinda depressing but onward anyway. Just found out my exhaust manifold is cracked, so it isn't all bad... oh wait.
                              Eric

Comment

Yep its pretty bad... kinda depressing but onward anyway. Just found out my exhaust manifold is cracked, so it isn't all bad... oh wait.
                                http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1308268377...84.m1555.l2649

20Vcqdriver is selling it
                                1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Working...
                                X