My 95 S2 Avant Project. LZ5T Coolness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by irishs2 View Post
    Yep its pretty bad... kinda depressing but onward anyway. Just found out my exhaust manifold is cracked, so it isn't all bad... oh wait.
    I have one for you if you are staying standard.
    Shane

Comment

That car has spent a lot of time parked up by the sea i think. Still, if it wasn't an Audi there would be nothing left of it. Good to see it being saved

I have BTDT with rust, best just to get stuck in with a flap wheel and some POR15 and it will come good

You will be making good friends with your local shot blasting firm I am sure
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by s2_wot View Post
        I have one for you if you are staying standard.
        Very interested in that as I am going to keep it standard . Let me know what your looking for it .
        Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
          That car has spent a lot of time parked up by the sea i think. Still, if it wasn't an Audi there would be nothing left of it. Good to see it being saved

I have BTDT with rust, best just to get stuck in with a flap wheel and some POR15 and it will come good

You will be making good friends with your local shot blasting firm I am sure
          Indeed , I do keep your work in mind and have studied your thread on that cq which is keeping me going
          Eric

Comment

Thanks for posting the pic's of the state of yours underneth makes me feel much better about the same task im undertaking on mine !

NOT a car dealer! just an S2/RS2 enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by audinut View Post
              Thanks for posting the pic's of the state of yours underneth makes me feel much better about the same task im undertaking on mine !

Anything I can do to help

Work still carries on over the last few days.

Block out, getting the block to clear the subframe took a bit more wiggling than I thought.

Block, head and turbo are at the engine rebuilder.

Gearbox comes out quite easily now

Getting the brake lines kinda reminded me of the old buzzer game

Taking note of what goes where.

Brake lines, abs, brake master cylinder, removed and loom shifted over .
              Last edited by irishs2; 7 July 2017, 15:12.
              Eric

Comment

Good work, stuck in my actual office myself

Whose the engine builder btw ?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by macspring View Post
                  Good work, stuck in my actual office myself

Whose the engine builder btw ?

Thanks.
                  http://www.corkengines.com/
                  Eric

Comment

You're making good progress. That engine bay should clean up nicely with some degreaser, the baked on PAS fluid is the worst to get off.

For next time, you can really easily remove or refit the engine & gearbox out as one unit with the subframe still attached it really does speed the job up
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

You're making good progress. That engine bay should clean up nicely with some degreaser, the baked on PAS fluid is the worst to get off.

For next time, you can really easily remove or refit the engine & gearbox out as one unit with the subframe still attached it really does speed the job up
                      Thanks. I am really nervous about all the engine bay stuff, I will just have to trust the loads of photos,etka, the forum etc when putting it back. The PAS leak is horrible, oily loom and grit, after removing the rack thats the next job to clean that lot, and derust and treat the front of the car. Then test fit vacuum servo , and thanks to Pat D, I know I have to do a bit of cutting.

Oh its definitely going in as one lump, but I just wanted to take my time removing things remembering the order taking notes etc, but didnt expect the subframe to get in the way, so had to jack up the front of the gearbox a little to get the right angle for removal.
                      Eric

Comment

I recommend a couple cans of brake cleaner for that PAS fluid, it is properly stick crap!
                        Marina Clean is a great degreaser and will make short work of cleaning up all the bits and pieces that come off
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I recommend a couple cans of brake cleaner for that PAS fluid, it is properly stick crap!
                          Marina Clean is a great degreaser and will make short work of cleaning up all the bits and pieces that come off
                          Thanks Error, yep Marine Clean arrived yesterday from frost, among various other chemicals

Over the last week I tackled the rear again.

Diff and rear subframe was lowered as one, diff came free easily, it needs a little tlc alright.

Rear subframe on its own, brake line was removed in one piece, then it was onto the ties.

The bush was completely siezed and the only way to remove them was to cut.

Sometime later...

Same story with the carriers, ABS sensor still seized in place.

After a night of electrolysis.

Looking good. Sensor is still stuck though. I have them soaking in diesel over night. Will see tomorrow if they will come out.
                          Last edited by irishs2; 7 July 2017, 15:13.
                          Eric

Comment

hows this going?
                            NOT a car dealer! just an S2/RS2 enthusiast

Comment

Pretty good, I decided not to post any more rusty pics as they were getting me down, , so next update will be por15 and welding intensive

But I have been busy sandblasting , and cleaning, and then to top it off got a nasty chest infection and flu for the last week.

Got new tank straps, new rear apron, , new petrol tank shields, all new bolts and bush on the rear end
                              Eric

Comment

more photos please-it is a pleasure to watch your progress ;-))

Comment

Working...
                                X