No announcement yet.

The '2 ton bugswatter' - back for a gentle stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so what oil clearance and what oil you were running?

Comment

• Originally posted by kamuto View Post
      so what oil clearance and what oil you were running?
      Clearances are somewhere in this build thread in the first 20pages most likely.
      Oil is 15w50 Bardhal xtc60 race oil.
      UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

• Pic by AviB photography from homegrown meet on fri night @beaconsfield

UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

• Stunning . Looks very complete

Gav
          S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

• Drooling... Just came to London today for a short holiday maybe I will see some classics while im here or is it just ferraris and other spaghetti cars?
            1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
            2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
            2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
            2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

• just read this all again, admittedly most of the tech bits are over my head but this looks awesome and such an awesome bit of kit you have made there JP, very good effort indeed

Comment

• Any further updates on this JP? Did the logging facilities of the maxxecu reveal anything more? Do you have any other new pictures? I miss reading about this car!

Comment

• Well it's been a while as various things in my life got turned upside down quite drastically last year.

Started mapping the car myself on aftermarket management at wastegate boost to run her in and get to some shows with it. Ultimately just enjoy the car.

Unfortunately I ended up in hospital under emergency with a herniated disc. So I loaned the car to a trusted friend to see the last cpl of shows out that the car had been requested for on trade stands.
                  Unfortunately 2 things came to light. There was a slight oil leak on the sump extension and my friend never checked the oil level. So I get a call on a Tuesday night days before the car is about to be returned after a 2-3weeks away to say something about oil light broken down side of a406...... was so doped up on painkillers can't even remember what was said.

Cpl days later car comes back on a flatbed. Crank completely seized solid and temperature strips on the sump reading 130celsius.

Drained what little oil was in there got the engine pulled by some friends and stripped down for inspection.
                  Rod number 3 was seized and burned from oil starvation and mains journals 3 and 4 where distorted.

I don't really blame my mate as never told him to keep an eye on the oil as it's something I automatically do before every journey. Was silly of me to assume that everyone does.
                  Secondly if I'd gotten round to activating all the warning parameters on the ECU I could've had it shut down before any damage occured.
                  So we've come to an amicable agreement where he's my slave for life .

So now 5-6mnths later sort of recovered and back working with the assistance of various apprentices to do the heavy lifting and stuff engine is back in the bay ready for this season.

In the interim being stuck to light duty stuff gradually easing back into life I've ended up remaking some bits and making more stuff to finish the bay to be a bit better.
                  I'll get some pics together at one point.

In the meanwhile the first batch of performance upgrades have started to arrive.

Just need to wait now for one of my mates to pull the rear diff of the car.
                  UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

• Oh Sh*t that's terrible to hear! I'd be mortified if a mate ran my car dry. Pity he didn't have a sensitive ear to a car running without sufficient oil and a sense of smell for hot engine bits. Good to hear your back's on the mend, car isn't that important when you lose your mobility.
                    91 Modded 3B
                    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

• I've looked at it in a positive view where its getting me to do some more finishing touches. Also got back into doing something for myself as do enjoy the too much time on hands attention to detail stuff instead of just work work and more work.
                      UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

• Great outlook on the whole adventure! Glad you are back at it, this time with a slave even

Comment

• Thought I'd wait on the rear diff until this arrived and do it all in one hit

UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

• Nice

Was it your engine I saw the other day with the doweled main caps??
                            sigpic
                            1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                            1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                            1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• No that was a 1.8t. Doweled steel mainscapsheld down by a girdle with a billet nitrided crank.
                              UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

• Wowsers can't believe it's been 8 months of tweaks and changes without physically documenting them in this thread.

Although externals of the car are the same underside and inside has had a load of changes for handling transmission etc. Will start to post them in retrospect, poss over the xmas period or otherwise new year.

In the meanwhile please find a lovely shot taken by Matt Dear Photography for This months issue of Audi Tuner magazine were the layers get peeled back of how a project spiraled out of hand

UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

Working...
                                X