No announcement yet.

The '2 ton bugswatter' - back for a gentle stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, we've booked the tunnel. Booked the hotel. Leaving around 6am on saturday morning to have a calm cruise over.

In the last two days the car has been driven harder than it will probably be for the rest of its life for a clock total of 9.5hrs without missing a beat so I know it'll be good for the journey.

Going to give it a once over this week and check all the crucial nuts and bolts just to ensure everything is 100%. Hopefully if there is time we fit the larger front brakes before the journey. The rears will have to wait till back.
    UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

• Cool, will put it on my agenda

I've got a Performance Box should you be interested

Comment

• @ Rocco.

We did 3+hrs of steady state tuning on dyno to get to every possible load site on the ve table as obviously running speed density now. Then did 4th gear dyno pulls from around 2000rpm.

Then we did cold start and cruising/normal town driving to and from dyno (2hrs).

After which we did a further 4-5hrs over two nights including 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th gear pulls.

The 6th gear pulls were from 1000-6000rpm to find some of the load sites we could not get to and to ensure egt where 100%.

Like said its had a very hard life in last two days
        UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

• Originally posted by JP View Post
          Yes thats the turbo I swapped out, gone from hta3079 @1.65bar to hta3586 @2.5bar. So bigger turbo (slower spool) and targetting much higher boost setting than before so longer before peak torque values.

Be interesting to know from prj at which rpm we're hitting 1.65bar on new setup? That may be a better reference.
          It would be of interest but the bigger turbo is going to be making more
          power @ 1.65 bar than the old one did so not a straightforward comparison.

Comment

• ^^^ true also engine is consuming more air than before so turbo needs to shift more air to get to 1.65bar as it's only a measurement of what the engine is not using.

Also the good news is the ve tables confirmed that the tuned runner length and main plenum dimensions worked. As there was a significant spike in ve at 3000 and 6000rpm. The maths during construction indicated 6000-7000rpm. The fact there is a jump at 3000rpm too has been an amazing bonus as it helps the transition in the power curve onto boost .
            UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

• JP when you know, can you advise what bhp your car makes at 3000 rpm, and the boost in bar, as this is what most of us can compare / relate to our own "mere mortal" cars?

Many thanks.

To say that the car looks great is a bit of an understatement.

Comment

• Looking good JP i cant wait for the videos. Do you guys take logs then tweek the map then run again to see the difference? or can this be done live whilst driving?

Comment

• Take logs tweak whilst cruising go again. Type of thing.

@macspring once i got her back on the dyno with new boost curve will get you a hp vs boost plot. When it was spooling late at 5300. it was of boost at 3000 and making 100hp and 170ft/lb lol.

I'm sure once prj is awake and recovered from the long hours he can put a rpm vs boost plot up for us to look at
                  UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

• Just realised forgot to answer Rocco's flywheel clutch question.

I'm running a single mass 034 aluminium rs2 flywheel with a spec stage 3+ so far holding perfectly fine incl a 5000rpm sidestep at 1bar on launch control.
                    UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

Just realised forgot to answer Rocco's flywheel clutch question.

I'm running a single mass 034 aluminium rs2 flywheel with a spec stage 3+ so far holding perfectly fine incl a 5000rpm sidestep at 1bar on launch control.
                      That's adds some fresh air to breathe quietly! Because I've the same clutch... And my car is lighter so it should hold ( I hope)

Did you use it with your 3079 in the past too??

Thanks JP
                      RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
                      BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
                      LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

• Launch control test just after dyno sesh on fri. Only did it for very short going to 1 bar sidestepping at 5k and backing of at 7k as the wet road wasn't playing ball funnily enough

http://youtu.be/FWwY55Cj9qI
                        UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

Launch control test just after dyno sesh on fri. Only did it for very short going to 1 bar sidestepping at 5k and backing of at 7k as the wet road wasn't playing ball funnily enough

Sounds cool.
                          --------------------------------------------------------
                          Real carbon parts for S2 and RS2. Check Carbondesign on facebook

Comment

• Wow, that thing moves !! What revlimit do you use on it ?

Comment

Launch control test just after dyno sesh on fri. Only did it for very short going to 1 bar sidestepping at 5k and backing of at 7k as the wet road wasn't playing ball funnily enough

Sounds awesome shame it was wet, you will need to get another video done in the dry
                              95 Coupe Kingfisher ABY

Comment

• Rev limit is 8000rpm although only used in 1st/2nd by the time in third short shifting at 7400'ish.

As for when it's dry will be redoing the clip with the full 1.5bar at 5k
                                UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

Working...
                                X