The '2 ton bugswatter' - back for a gentle stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rocco View Post
    255 load means more than 600hp for sure true?
    I remember to had 245 at 5000rpm in my 80.
    In your car also the pump was slightly tapering, in this car it's dual pump system with 2nd pump activated by ECU dynamically as it is needed, so that the fuel is not heated constantly when the flow is not needed from two pumps.
    Yes, it's of course more than 600.
    http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• FATS logs:

4200 - 7828
      6520 - 10172

So this makes 2.344. However, we're 20 rpm over, and 4200-6400 is 2.219, so we're at about 2.3 dead on a perfectly level stretch of private road.

Keep in mind, this car weighs two tons with two of us in the car.
      Attached Files
      http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• Originally posted by JP View Post
        Now with motronic we got full boost of 2.9bar...
        S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

• Lol yes that was the accidental initial overshoot, very quickly dialled down
          UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

I think what made him nervous in the end was I finally started to lift of the throttle. Which was a first since we started properly on it on thurs.

Anyway private road or not got wife and kids at home so I know when to make the call to say no.

Got dyno videos coming along with other bits and bobs although we tweaked the boost map post dyno junking the apexi avcr in favour of motronic after we couldn't get it to come in before 5300rpm with surge. Now with motronic we got full boost of 2.5bar around 4400rpm with no surge. So before posting final dyno figures I want to go and do a fresh power run with the improved control and wider power band.

We did several FATS logs which started to prove difficult to get exact figures for as the ECU sampling speed could no longer keep up with how fast the revs are climbing in third. But I'll let prj post the log and times up.

Saying that the rev counter is a tad slow too.

Absolutely brutal....

I'd like to have a family car like yours...what an amazing new car.

Originally posted by prj View Post
            In your car also the pump was slightly tapering, in this car it's dual pump system with 2nd pump activated by ECU dynamically as it is needed, so that the fuel is not heated constantly when the flow is not needed from two pumps.
            Yes, it's of course more than 600.

Do you mean fuel pump? If yes what's gonna happen now with the gtx3582 then?

You said that is theoretically good up to 700 hp true?
            RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
            BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
            LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

• Prj post also a full log (like from the other cars you tuned) if it is possible and JP is OK with it! It would be very interesting to see.

@JP

Top work as always man!!!! Now let your director skills out and let us enjoy and admire!!!!
              Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Very nice results.

Did I miss something though? Lots of pages on the thread. Did you change the turbo again?
                I remember the previous dunk that full torque was at about 3800rpm. How come the manifolds and any other engine upgrades made the torque come on later?

Comment

• @80avant

Previously stock intake manifold, evo exhaust manifold and gt30 turbo.

Now running large dual plenumb tuned for 6000-7000peak with tubular manifold with hta3586 so much bigger turbo. Iirc main pics are on pg44. (Sorry on phone can't check).

Also doing 3rd gear pulls from 3k. Previous dyno results from mrc are 5th gear pulls from 1200rpm. For true comparison would have to go to their dyno day
                  UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

@80avant

Previously stock intake manifold, evo exhaust manifold and gt30 turbo.

Now running large dual plenumb tuned for 6000-7000peak with tubular manifold with hta3586 so much bigger turbo. Iirc main pics are on pg44. (Sorry on phone can't check).

Also doing 3rd gear pulls from 3k. Previous dyno results from mrc are 5th gear pulls from 1200rpm. For true comparison would have to go to their dyno day
                    That's good. But the rpm I quoted was from the 3079 hybrid that you had used. Is that turbo now replaced?

Comment

• Yes thats the turbo I swapped out, gone from hta3079 @1.65bar to hta3586 @2.5bar. So bigger turbo (slower spool) and targetting much higher boost setting than before so longer before peak torque values.

Be interesting to know from prj at which rpm we're hitting 1.65bar on new setup? That may be a better reference.
                      Last edited by JP; 17 March 2013, 08:17.
                      UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

• Yes indeed.

What did you do with that old turbo? From memory it must have been practically new!

Comment

• It's found it's way onto a very interesting s2coupe project of which unfortunately I am sworn to secrecy beyond that until the owner puts a thread up.
                          UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

• Damn! Well I may have my options open with Owen for the future!

Keep up the good work!

Comment

• That must be one QUICK car. Good work

Will it be in Belgium next week?

Comment

• JP,what clutch have you used?

The tuning pulls where mainly from 3000 rpm in third gear to 8k? Or from 2000?

Is good to see that the stock driveshafts holds your power and torque in a 2 tons car and stroker engine.... Because I'm worried for mines
                                RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
                                BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
                                LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

Working...
                                X