My 3B to RS2 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by djh View Post
    looking good, how do you find it with those rims compared to the light weight one's.
    Slightly slower and slightly bumpier When i get the OZs refinished and some decent tyres on them I'll put them back on.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

• I've just been giving my car some love. Not major detail but a decent wash.. Jetwash round the arches, AG shampoo, Megs polish on the rear lights, Megs quick detail to take off the spots and insect squidges, AG rubber cleaner on all the door and window seals.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Nearly as clean as mine,but yours has not got the hammer marks that mine is about to get

Comment

• Keep the faith Lou, you're nearly there!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• What do you mean ,I am nearly a BMW owner

Comment

• This was not that easy to find...

Team Bodge ISV hose

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Lookin clean dude!

Comment

• Cheers matey

This sorted the ISV hose issue

But then the sunroof got stuck... open... I managed to get the sunroof panel off and tape it in position to stop the rain getting in, the cable was totally jammed and the mechanism was shot

It was not looking good until Pete (Acidburn) came up with the goods, a good condition complete sunroof cartridge for a very friendly price and offered to deliver and fit it! Pete had been promising to help me fit the popout window to my coupe for about 3 years so I suggested we amalgamate the 2 jobs and I woud drive over to his unit on Sunday. As he and Gary (Madwolf) were delivering a car that day, by the time we got started it was late afternoon. I got there first and finished removing the sunroof cartridge and as soon as the boys arrived they tore into my car which was soon stripped of the rest of its interior, door cards, centre console pulled back and the wiring looms for the windows was being swapped over. The rear quarter glass was removed too pretty quickly and suddenly the car looked scarily like it was being broken for parts We soon had the sunroof cartridge installed and new rear glass in but the wiring took a little longer, while Pete and Gary swapped the looms over I busied myself fitting and adjusting the sunroof panel..

It threatened to rain a few times but mostly held off and we eventually got the car drivable around 11.00pm, epic job lads!

I've finished off the rest of the trim and headlining over the last couple of days and she's looking and feeling like a whole car again now, the sunroof does as its told and I can drive around watching the rear windows open and close in the wing mirrors!

Pics with the windows open to follow when I can clean the car again and take some
                  Last edited by newsh; 11 July 2012, 23:16.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• lol not the worst pics of me, gary looks like he was enjoying the camera tho

Comment

• Well done getting it sorted John,good old boy Pete.:thumb just like you.

Comment

• ...and not a dremmel in sight
                        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• lol was all good fun, seems i've been working on a few s2's lately.

Comment

• Dremels were confiscated at the door

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Wow the car is looking great mate
                              The Audi designers really got it right with the Avus I think... just a shame they didn't come with the D2 versions as standard.

You're a brave man letting the mad mutt loose on your coupe
                              What's planned next for it then?
                              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Cheers Alex, she does look good on these wheels, d'you think they need a bit of a spacer at the back?

I've got a pair of subframes in red primer in the garage, full polybush project is next Maybe some KWs?

Needs a bit of bodywork and paint, the off side rear arch has a dodgy repair which is swelling up

Pete reckons I shoud stop messing around and fit a proper big turbo

Seats recovered, or Clive's..

ABY ECU, HO coils and pin swap?

Pair of RS2 cams?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X