Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

audi rs2 1.9 tdi replica (can it be done!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Knight_vr6t View Post
    hi david, so you the guy who he was talking about who came on sunday....(lol...) yeah it has nice body work shame about the interior, i'll give it a clean tomorrow, it seem like there is no boost on the turbo, i put an new airflow and an n75 valve and new vacum hoses no change... don't know what it is might be a turbo..
    seems like you have more experience on the audi model and you have seen the car what is your opinion on the overall car?
    I thought the main plus point with this car is the bodywork being rust free so that makes it a good start for a project. Once you've given the interior an industrial strength clean and found a new boot carpet and load cover it'll be well on it's way.

I don't have any experience of TDis as I've got an S2 right now but I've been reading up on the forums on the possible issues in preparation for buying. As you've dealt with the possibility of the AFM not working you maybe need to take the intercooler off and give it a good clean internally and the same with the inlet manifold as they can get badly blocked up with crap. Have a look in the FAQ section of TDiclub.com for more ideas on what to look at. The general concensus from what I've read is that it's very rarely the turbo going that causes these problems so don't worry to much yet.

My overall opinion of the car? If I say that despite the interior, turbo issues, dubious FSH, brakes pulling to the left, etc, I was hoping the auction would end without any bids so that I could offer him £700 does that tell you anything? It needs some loving but it's rust free and straight as a die and everything else is easily sortable for hopefully not much cash.

Cheers

David
    1994 16v Coupe - Sold on and sadly missed
    1994 S2 Avant - Warmed up a bit
    1995 A6 Avant - Dag Dag Delight

Comment

hi david thanks for the reply, your opinion of the car has helped as i don't know much about audi 80's (type B4) and gave me an idea if i paid the right price for it also solving the problems with the power loss i look at site tdiclub very helpfull thanks., i offered him £750 he said no thats to less so i said £800 take it or leave it i put the cash on the dashboard all in 20 pound notes and said put out your hand lets make this deal, make your wife happy by getting this car of the driveway... so he did.... i've had it only for a few days and very happy with it so simple to work on i had the turbo of today only a hour's works... cleaned it up had soot in side made a difference but i still think There is a power lose...

Comment

hi guys heres some more pics.
        these are the wheels i'm looking to put on my rs2 tdi!

winter wheels...

summer wheels...

Comment

is that 5x112 or 5x130 ?
          5 Cylinder Freak

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
            Is the 5% the fibreglass repair from last jan?
            You know how it is Jamo do somebody a favour.. blar blar blar....

back to the thread the wheels look nice..

Comment

My apologies, modified OEM then

I think Jonas_R had a Reiger bumper before it was re-modelled.

Wheels will need 5x112 to 5x130 adaptors, will cost a few £ but should look really good when done. Wouldn't usually be in support of adaptors but you're hardly going to test them on a dag-dag
              Cheers'en, AndyC
              1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

nice wheels.. got the same summerwheels

Comment

hi, thanks guys.... they are both 5x130,pcd porsche fitment. i've been reading that the rears are easy to do from the a4 audis to convert to 5x112 but the fronts are a pain! i have to use s2 bits or something.... mine has an ugly steering wheel with an airbag would you guys know if the a4 steering will fit?

this is the one i wont to go for... also can the rs2 porsche badge fit on these wheels?

Comment

hi all, was a bit free today so i thought i'll hook up the radio as the old sony cassette player had lost it's display, while i was doing that i also fitted the red light gear knob, as i used the light wiring from the radio, all looks good inside now all red.... i had a bit of a problem with the flasher relay so i took it out and cleaned it out with wd40 seem to be o.k. is that a common problem? also when the radiator fans come on the car seems to lose all its power and noses com from the relays is that common? sorry guys new to audi's. heres some pictures i took today...

Comment

hi i've been sent these pictures of these copy rs2 bumpers, dont know what make they are, has any one used copy bumpers like these? also how much should i pay for these? many thanks

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ1ei...eature=related
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24afjVqm2Uw
                        diesels are hot at the moment( ( 1995 merc 300td engine with a garrett gt40r in an old w123 merc)

Comment

Originally posted by richardk View Post
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ1ei...eature=related
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24afjVqm2Uw
                          diesels are hot at the moment( ( 1995 merc 300td engine with a garrett gt40r in an old w123 merc)
                          nice diesel! but revving like a gasoline one! not less than 5K-6Krpm on that video, maybe more too. I prefer a gasoline one
                          - Looking for a S2
                          - Lancia Dedra HF turbo i.e. (4sale)
                          - Typ89 Coupè quattro, 20Vt AAN, VEMS, K24-7000@1.3bar (scrapped )

sigpic

Comment

450hp en more than 860nm..

Comment

hi all got some bits this morning to keep me busy over the weekend, got the rear tub and some grab handles with lights that will need wiring up, would any one know were to get the plugs for the lights? also when bought the car the engine cover was missing so i bought one from ebay and all fitted up! thinking of fitting the porsche badge on the engine cover... what do you guys think?.

here are some pics,....

engine cover.

rear tub, i think thats what you call it....

grab handles with lights..

My sunday toy... the rs2 and the porsche 993 share some parts rite?....

Last edited by Knight_vr6t; 9 September 2010, 02:35.

Comment

Hi all just been working on the insides of the car over the weekend...
                                heres some pics.

passenger dash panel, had 4 holes for hands free phone looked ugly....
                                before:

after:

changed over the steering wheel form an audi a6 3 spoke leather with airbag.
                                looking good....

full dash!

Comment

Working...
                                X