Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

audi rs2 1.9 tdi replica (can it be done!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can make your own rs2 look grill !!! save a few hundred pounds..

Comment

agree with pix above, that will help alot.

And a universal backbox will change the rear end and get rid of the downswept pipes.

Comment

hi guys i have a big problem!!!!! i was driving down the shops to get milk for my kids in my audi with my family, and smoke started coming out the air vents, i quickly parked up and switched of the ignition and rushed to take out the kids! the smoke got thicker and it was coming from the driver side, i rushed to the shops and picked up as many water bottles as i can and rushed back to the car finding a small fire under the dash on the driver side, i opened the bonnet and the fuse box cover and poured the water down there and also removed the battery wire, i managed to stop the fire, i took the wife and kids back home as i was only 2 minutes away from home, called my mates to meet me were the car was parked, we pushed the car back home and with a torch we looked under the dash and found the loom burnt near the ignition switch! the relay and fuse box side all looks good, it had been fine all day, since the time i've had it never gave me a major problem until now.... have you guys heard or seen any thing like this before? i love this car but after tonight i'll be scared to put my family in it, i'll take some pictures tomorrow and see if we can shed some light as i cant take any chances and want to know it will never happens again,,,
        Last edited by Knight_vr6t; 28 October 2010, 01:08.

Comment

Originally posted by pixsaudisex2 View Post
          You can make your own rs2 look grill !!! save a few hundred pounds..
          hi pixsaudisex that what i had planed for the weekend i had bought some mesh and i also got those mirror you showed me, plans change never mind....

Comment

Hi mate,

Stumbled accross this forum and this thread.......I too am in exactly the same position.......i bought an Audi 80 off Ebay.....had to travel to Bristol to pick it up and it had a problem with one of the injectors and so was running lumpy as a result. It is a Tdi too! Got it back to Slough where I am and managed to sort the injector problem (needed resetting), gave it a good service and hey presto running nice.

I now want to replicate an RS2 and looking for alloys......don't suppose you have the original set of Audi alloys that were back in your original picture going spare do you? I have some Borbet alloys on the car at the moment and not my sort of thing.

Drop us a text on my mobile - 07500956912 as I'm keen to find out how your project is going and any other ideas etc.

Cheers - Look forward to hearing from you shortly,

James

Comment

Hi all been a long time..., been busy with sorting the wiring on my car since the fire burnt everything behind the dash and shorted out a lot off stuff like the clocks switches and relays. i managed to get the hard work out the way done the wiring and got it started, running fine time to get back to the RS2 conversion!

As its been cold i've been working inside in the warm sorting out the clocks, the rev counter and the temp were shorted so i bought a set of clocks of Ebay to strip and rebuild mine, as mine were striped i added a porsche logo in the center.

take a look!
              donor cluster

Mine all sorted

closer look

Comment

hi all got a few days off, so i've been playing around with the grill today, trying to make it look like the RS2, here some pictures.
                take a look.
                Grill taken out with new mesh

All cut up and put to gather roughly to see what it looks like!

The end product should look like this!!!!

Weather was cool today so i removed the flag mirrors and put the porsche 993 teardrop mirrors on with duck tape just to see how they look on the car! the driver side looks on the up side, so i ordered a new base from porsche to make them equal.
                take a look.

thanks for looking

Comment

Gettin there buddy!!! Keep at it!

AL

Comment

good project , that`s my job
                    obtained from donor replica rs2

Comment

Looks amazing, I also had such an idea of making an RS2 replica grill

Comment

Originally posted by Classix View Post
                        good project , that`s my job
                        obtained from donor replica rs2
                        I did the same at one of my cars ... good job !!!
                        Attached Files
                        Audi 80 fan ...

Comment

Hi all thanks for all the support.. That grill looks amazing hope mine turns out like that one, i bought the mesh grill from venom motorsport thinking that it looks like the rs2 grill from the pictures, when it came looked nothing like it... never mind i'll make it look like one.

I was working on the clocks and heater center section over the weekend this is what i've been up too...
                          Take a look!
                          Sorting the brackets on the clocks were they screw in.. made a plate for it.

From the front.

The center section before.

Modified the box to fit in the center.

Fitted a bracket in the center vent.

All fitted up without phone holder.

Ready to fit in the car tomorrow wired up with the iphone/ipod holder.

thanks for lookin

Comment

I really like to see your car with this new grille.

Comment

How did you get the gear knob to light up?

Comment

You can get them on ebay

Comment

Working...
                                X