Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

audi rs2 1.9 tdi replica (can it be done!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw one about 2.5 years ago never seen one since, hmm ebay time

Comment

Love this

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
        How did you get the gear knob to light up?
        If you look at this thread on fans you can make your own.

Comment

Originally posted by bikerjim View Post
          If you look at this thread on fans you can make your own.
          Have you got a link? I haven't been on fans in ages, only just got told about audiaddict.net !

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
            Have you got a link? I haven't been on fans in ages, only just got told about audiaddict.net !
            http://audifans.net/ftopict-29524.html lol

Comment

Sweet thanks BJ erm BikerJim

Comment

Hi all, been a long time since i've updated this post, been really busy with work and stuff. In the mean time i've been collecting bits and bobs for my RS2 project. i've stripped out the whole interior to be sent to the trimmers to be covered in leather, boot panels re-carpeted, and headlining done in black with wiring done for the interior lighting.

Next step is to getting the the porsche rims to fit the 4x108 hubs.....
                any ideas will help????

i'll have some pictures up soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Knight_vr6t View Post
                  Hi all, been a long time since i've updated this post, been really busy with work and stuff. In the mean time i've been collecting bits and bobs for my RS2 project. i've stripped out the whole interior to be sent to the trimmers to be covered in leather, boot panels re-carpeted, and headlining done in black with wiring done for the interior lighting.

Next step is to getting the the porsche rims to fit the 4x108 hubs.....
                  any ideas will help????

Conversion or hub adapters?
                  NOT a car dealer! just an S2/RS2 enthusiast

Comment

you may use the strut from s2 or the newer audi 80 5 pot 20v or v6 verson,they does fit right on, and have the bigger bearing( 82mm) and big hubs and 5x112...

Comment

Originally posted by Knight_vr6t View Post

Looking forward to the photos. Especially the head lining. And the sun-visors and grab handles? B, C, and D Pillars being sprayed or covered ? All black ?

Alcantara might be good in the centre of the seats, less "slippier" than the leather and still looks as good.

Keep up the good work.

Comment

look forward to pics

Comment

just been reading back through this thread - some really cool ideas in here, look forward to reading more updates :-)

Comment

hi, here are some pictures of the bits and bobs i've been collecting for my project:

x3 glow shift gauges to fit in the center dash.

Rear roof spoiler with 3rd brake light.

Porsche cup2 alloys 7x17 et55 fronts 195/45/17 and 9x17 et55 rears 225/45/17 new tires fitted i'll take more pictures later...

i would like to give the project a clean look like this...

Comment

rear roof spoiler:

Comment

Rs2 tdi hub conversion 4x108 to 5x130:
                                Been playing with the hubs today with my mate radek at his workshop killing time...
                                we came up with this idea using the original parts with a slight modification.
                                tools needed are a:
                                1.tap set 12.5 super fine set. 3 stage
                                2.4x100 to 5x130 adaptors
                                3.drill bits
                                4.center pounch
                                5.new wheel bearings

front hubs,taps,drill, and adaptors.

strip the hubs from the carrier and the bearings.

Use the porsche adaptors on the audi hubs and hold in vice and center punch the 4x100 markings as the center hole is a perfect fit 57.1mm. once the markings are there you will need a bench drill using small drill bits to the size before tapping.

time to tap... this is done in three stages using a tap compound take your time not to be rushed...

Coming to the end of the job make sure it all fits up...

job finished....

The gap you see between the hub and the porsche adaptor is were the O.E brake disc fits.. these will also need drilling to 4x100 pcd.. do the some markings like the hubs using the porsche adaptors and drill them the same way... thats the easy part i'll have some pic once the new one's come...

The safety test...200nm

Look's all good to me...

need to get some new bearings, disc and pads and fit it all back together...

Comment

Working...
                                X