Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• willg54
    replied
    yea, it was coated this morning but they're blasting it again today. looked so nice...i was in 2 minds whether to just keep it but i've already got the por15 paints

Leave a comment:

• Dpicariello
    replied
    So your sub frame is powder coated at the moment?

I think I am going to go for powder coated. I know POR-15 is fantastic stuff and better for chassis components but for the time and convenience I am going to go for powder coat. It's not like it's gonna be crap, a heck of a lot better than the subframe is at the moment anyway!

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    Yea, the guy said you'd been on the phone! very happy for the work!

i couldnt be any happier. Although they did make a mistake and actually paint my wishbones and subframe when all i asked for was blasted...they looked really good too but i want to seam weld and por15 them

Leave a comment:

• Dpicariello
    replied
    Nice one Will,

I spoke to Redditch Shot Blasting yesterday regarding my rear sub frame, rear wishbones and rear anti roll bar. Looks like they've done a really good job on your stuff.

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    Originally posted by Flat on my back View Post
    The hub face should not be powder coated, you risk out of balance wheels when fitted.
    yea, i know. minor annoyance. easily taken back to metal

Leave a comment:

• Flat on my back
    replied

The hub face should not be powder coated, you risk out of balance wheels when fitted.

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    here are the pics for you all! didnt get everything out the box...there is a lot of stuff! its like christmas moment like this get me very excited

Wishbones and subframe is just blasted. Wishbones will be seam welded and then all painted with por15

front look perfect but rears are a little pitted. they were much more rusty to start with.

on another note, I ordered a few brass brush fittings for my dremel to help clean up all the bits im not blasting and powder coating. Im very happy with the littly trial i did!

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    Originally posted by S2 EDS View Post
    Carbon wings sounds like big bucks ---- have you though of fibre glass wings - there's some on ebay
    I dont think it would be too bad, our sponsor at uni gives us pretty good discount on carbon sheets. Make a mould off the wings I have, lay-up, vac bag...sorted! Would be fun trying anyway lol.

I havent seen the glass fibre ones, i'll take a look. wings from Audi are getting expensive.

Leave a comment:

• S2 EDS
    replied
    Carbon wings sounds like big bucks ---- have you though of fibre glass wings - there's some on ebay

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    Cheers! It'll be worth the hard work!

It is a shame about the wings, but if that's the worst I find I'm happy! Toying with the idea of making some carbon wings....

As for colour, think ill keep it the same, think the purple looks really good! Only other colour id consider is the dark blue I think.

Leave a comment:

• S2 EDS
    replied
    I echo Steve's comments - Big Respect for all the hard work your putting in.

Shame about the Wings on the car - are you thinking of a different colour for respray or are you keeping it original?

Leave a comment:

• Fat Audi 80
    replied
    Go on, post them up. Make me really jealous. My suspension and running gear is pretty rusty...

I have come to the conclusion I haven't got the time or space to do mine properly. I will be stopping at painting the calipers and heat shield, replacing the front subframe and replacing all the bushes.

Respect your level of commitment.

Cheers,

Steve

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    I have all my parts back from Redditch Shot Blasters, it all looks like new Couldn't be any happier with their work and wouldnt hesitate to recommend them!

I'll post some pictures up tonight, back to uni work for now....

Leave a comment:

• bikerjim
    replied
    Originally posted by willg54 View Post
    Good news...Future S2 budget has been secured! I have a job back at Mercedes High Performance engines in September!!!!
    Nice work Will, I tried there for a placement but got no where. Still looking

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    Nice one

Leave a comment:

Working...
X