No announcement yet.

B3 Audi 80 16V Sport (1.8 Turbo) - loads of pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job with the cleaning! From what I've used on my car the Autoglym bumper care works well and will last a few weeks looking shiney but will fade again. In the end I did all my black plastics in Linseed oil and that seems to last months between coats.
    96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
    96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Good job!

Waiting for more mods...
      photobucket SUCKS
      sigpic

Comment

small update, but feels much better for me seeing some progress on the car - all of which was possible because of Will at VRS who kept his eye open for me and gave me a heads up with an Audi 90 B3 came in... loads of boot trim and clips, but more importantly, a conversation about the passat intercooler and its plastic tanks lead to the purchase of a UR quattro intercooler as it will mean that hopefully I wont need to have a different bumper fitted that spoils the appearance and front of the car.

OK, onto the boot - obviously the rust will be dealt with when I get some of the spray work done, but for now I have cleaned it all up and have covered it to keep it dry, obviously when I swap the rear lights I will reseal using the sealant I ordered from TPS.

Due to previous owner burchery, the old speaker recesses were removed, which meant the alpines didnt fit, so in the end I needed a 6" grille based speaker, opted for Ripspeed ones - which sounded better than the chav branding would suggest - just need to borrow the missus black nailvarnish and cover that up! LOL

All in and they look good - also wired in for the sub, nice and tidy under the carpets. Can't test any of it till the engine conversion is done and can drop the head unit in.

My custom mats from Autostyle.co.uk arrived, excellent service from these guys and would highly recommend. they matched the piping to the pillar plastics and dropped on custom 1.8T logos, so those inside know!

TW, incase anyone looks for sealant in future, this is the part number:

The real grunt of the project starts on the 17th when the Passat goes in for stripping and Bahnstorm, and potentially the 80 on the 19th, should be back before xmas.

Comment

cleaning and lights

I guess this might be really boring to some people, until the engine goes in, but I find it cathartic to see the results of my graft, hopefully the finished car will be ultra clean and tidy.

This also may be of interest to other B3 owners looking to tidy up the rear end. The current lights are B3, nothing special and horribly orange, but, notice the slope of the plastic light at the top:

Dirty, then clean (AG Intensive Tar Remover if you need to know)

B4 rear lights fitted, these appear to be pre-revision lights, I think they changed them to tinted versions midway through the lifecycle, but notice the flush fit to the top of the shell, in contrast to the B3 ones, this means there is a different angle on the bootlid cluster and they dont align, same applies to the boot surround - looks like I need to source B4 ones now :hmmm: but at least it will look tighter on the visual lines when done.

Having scrubbed away under the lights, I set about cleaning the bootlid, surrounds, struts and so on - I think little bits like this will really make a difference in the overall appearance of the car when done.

Eurocar parts clean indicators - dont like the orange bits, anyone have suggestions on clear lenses? and I will paint the bulbs...

Broken headlight clip on N/S - really annoying as the indicator keeps falling out, have secured it with loctite for the moment but will replace the whole headlamp and refit when I can source the correct one.

Looks much cleaner :smilewinkgrin:

Comment

Where did you get the bootlid carpet from, ive never seen an 80 with one on it

Comment

Standard equipment on the audi 90
              S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Yup, from a 90, which is the same shell with different trim elements, perceived as more luxurious, hence boot carpets, spare wheel cover, etc... Makes a difference to internal noise for sure!

Comment

You have a lot of patience. It is really looking nice.

I think that actually looks better than a 90 without all the chrome.

Another 90 bit that may interest you, all red rear number plate surround

You can also fit the 90 headlights, but would need the front bumper, fogs and indicators

You can get all clear indicators, I don't know where mine came from though, they just have orange bulbs, I have also seen some clear ones with silver/platinum bulbs that apparently flash orange.
                  Last edited by andy10v; 12 December 2011, 19:54.
                  Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                  Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Or this bumper... At least, it wont be the same as million others
                    http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/8720/mg0232o.jpg
                    http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/4621/mg0193.jpg
                    http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/7940/1005895.jpg
                    5vtq gte

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions, although I want to keep it looking like an 80 and stock, but clean, sorta OEM+

But, those rear lights look lovely... How for them mate?

Comment

nice work tidying the car up, its looking great
                        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by lee_whitehead View Post
                          But, those rear lights look lovely... How for them mate?
                          It was just a 90 picture I grabbed of the net, they come up for sale at varying prices on here, classicaudi etc.
                          Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                          Sold ABY-stock

Comment

ahh, I see... I think I would need to physically see a set of lights to make sure they fit, the alignment between the B3 and B4 rear lights is really bugging me at the moment... but I cant seem to find any rear tailgate lights that are of the "bright" red variety from a B4 - be it avant or saloon (as I think they are the same?)

Comment

I haven't seen the pictures yet as I am at work (firewall blocks photobucket type websites) but look forward to seeing the resutls...

I used some red light tint on my B3 80 sport, if that helps.
                              The Perfectionist
                              sigpic
                              Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

very nice lookin car.... !!! like a new one!

Comment

Working...
                                X