X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

borbet c's

Comment

pulled the trigger!

after hours and hours in photoshop trying loads of alloys, even ones I thought I might not like, I ended up with these babies (which will be here by wednesday if all goes well!) - surprisingly, I always liked these but thought they were out of reach because of the 5 stud pattern, it wasn't until DJH mentioned I could get them in 4 stud that I started looking.

this is how they will look:

Last edited by 1781cc; 26 December 2011, 18:41.

Comment

nice oem style. Same as gavs20v has on the s2cab at one point.

Comment

Similar although mine had more of a concave
          S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

genuine ones I guess? it appears from what I understand that replicas are flat faced - I am really chuffed about these, didnt think there were any 4 stud ones around, cant wait till they arrive!

Comment

Last edited by 1781cc; 26 December 2011, 18:42.

Comment

They look good, but the spokes seem to narrow unlike the proper ones. Will these use centre caps?

Comment

yes the will use the caps, just got to get some audi rings for them.

I know they arent the same as the genuine RS4 alloys, but genuine isnt 4 stud pattern. that said, I am very happy with these - they look good, just got to get the right rubber when the weather improves as these wont be on the car till then.

Anyone recommend a good winter tyre for a 205/50/15 based on experience?

thanks

Comment

I've been using Vredestein Quatrac 3 'all season' tyres for the last 2 winters. Best money I've ever spent on a car

Comment

• OK peeps, last pre-xmas update...

Went up to VRS today to pick up a set of G60 calipers and carriers - Will kindly shoved them in the hot cleaner, checked all the seals and re-greased the pins, hows that for service? top man!

I will be cleaning these up, derusting and covering with some black hammerite to reseal them again from the elements.

Going to get a set of 2.8 V6 EBC turbo discs to go on the front with Green stuff pads and some goodridge braided hoses, should help it stop nicely!

Also got a strut brace from an S2 avant in the post from Andyg plym - fast turnaround too, would kigly recommend buying any bits from him. Also got a B4 numberplate surround in the post from Shaun Grinter, have to make sure it fits before colour coding

Finally, popped over to Aidan at Bahnstorm to see how the 80 is getting on, and the poor car looks very sorry for itself, having had its heart ripped out, but its all for a good cause and Aidan is flying along with it.

He hopes to have the engine mounted back in early next week and then comes all the wiring and testing phase before bolting it all back together.

Last edited by 1781cc; 26 December 2011, 18:44.

Comment

• Originally posted by lee_whitehead View Post
                        Going to get a set of 2.8 V6 EBC turbo discs to go on the front
                        beware that 276x25mm brake discs from B3 and B4 have different Height.
                        5vtq gte

Comment

• 46mm height on a b3
                          57mm height on a b4
                          you can just use a mb/rr front disc 276mm 46mm hat height and redrill to 4x108 is easy way i rekon.
                          im not sure if a 11mm spacer would go inbetween the caliper and hub or the disc to strut clearance may be to tight . either way it can be got round easy

Comment

• 90q20v, b3 with g60s. That should give all bolt on parts.
                            Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                            Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• that's better:

Slightly halted on progress at the moment, Aidan has been waiting on his steel supplier to open (cause of bank holidays) so that he can get the required metal for custom engine mounts. It appears that the old mounting points and the new engine aren't happy with each other, so he's going to do some jiggery pokery with this to make it fit.

Obviously that has an impact on everything if its not mounted, as it means the engine's final position isn't set, so he cant even do things like the exhaust grafting between the Passat Manifold, S2 downpipes and the S2 coupe Supersprint he has for it

fingers crossed things will be rolling forward with the build next week and all my goodies arrive in the post ready for when the car is back (bloody royal mail - haven't seen a postman here in ages)

Comment

• What are you doing with the 16v engine thats been taken out? I would be interested in that for my Mk 1 golf.

Cheers

Rich
                                sigpic
                                "For what you spent on that you could have brought a new car"
                                BUT I DON'T WANT A NEW CAR!

1995 S2 Avant, Volcano Black
                                1982 VW Golf Mk1, primer yellow, will be finished one day, maybe.
                                2003 VW T4 long nose X pack, (has become project)

Comment

Working...
                                X