Stroker S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stroker S2

I have recently purchased my first S2 from another member here in Oz and decided to give it an overhaul.
    First step is the engine & I decided to go ahead and build up a stroker. I bought a ACV block complete with crank and pistons. The block seems quite clean and was replaced with a warranty engine because of camshaft failure. Block is at a workshop being stripped, cleaned and neccessary mods done.

The goal is to have around 700/800hp. This won't be a daily driver, so it will get abused when I do drive it

Parts on order are

-JE pistons 82.5mm, 8.5:1CR & 21mm wrist pins
    -159mm Pauter rods
    -Spec clutch stage 3+ with dual diagphram pressure plate and aluminium flywheel
    -Precision 6262 ceramic bearing .82 A/R
    -44mm Tial wastegate
    -4 inch down pipe
    -Autronic SM4

Hopefully all this should get me to my goal. Following this will be a suspension overhaul, interior and pretty much everything else.

Pat
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pat D; 2 January 2013, 12:54.
    ABY S2 stroker (work in progress)

B5 1.8T quattro

B4 2.3 (decommissioned)

I know they are very rare in Oz. Is this car known to the forum?

What made you choose 159mm rods over 155mm?
    Nice project, keep us up to date with lots of pictures!

My only comment would be to make sure the suspension and running gear is well sorted before dropping a 500lbft stoker into it!
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
      I know they are very rare in Oz. Is this car known to the forum?

What made you choose 159mm rods over 155mm?
      Nice project, keep us up to date with lots of pictures!

My only comment would be to make sure the suspension and running gear is well sorted before dropping a 500lbft stoker into it!
      Graham from Queensland was the previous owner, he brought it over with him from the UK.

I decided to keep the rod/stroke ratio at 1.66 using 159mm rods & 95.5mm stroke. Seems to be the figure that Audi keep sticking to.

B5 1.8T quattro

B4 2.3 (decommissioned)

Comment

Don't drill the block for aby tensioner bad idea not a lot of material in that area
        Use a 3b oil pump and water pump ala Andyp stroker
        You could use a smaller turbine housing seen 680 bhp on a stroker with .68 but Faheemo does like his but does say its laggy
        Or a 5862 basically your turbo Is bigger than your bhp wish list

Comment

Originally posted by Pat D View Post
          Graham from Queensland was the previous owner, he brought it over with him from the UK.

I decided to keep the rod/stroke ratio at 1.66 using 159mm rods & 95.5mm stroke. Seems to be the figure that Audi keep sticking to.
          You've gone the America build way europe strokers use the 155 mm
          I prefer the 155 in mine with the beefy compression height over the rod ratio
          No wrong or right way to do it

Comment

I'd also look at a 3.5/4 inch downpipe if possible at that bhp level

Comment

What bushes and mounts you going for? Oem engine mounts won't cut it try Bambridge ones or 034

Comment

Graham's car lives on! Will be good to follow the project.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic

Comment

Good to see Graham's car is staying in touch
                  Looking forward to seeing this one progress
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                    You've gone the America build way europe strokers use the 155 mm
                    I prefer the 155 in mine with the beefy compression height over the rod ratio
                    No wrong or right way to do it
                    I was thinking about the comp height after doing some calcs, I have it all written down on some note pad paper working it all out while on holidays in the US. It worked to what I thought, would be ok. I'm hoping JE willl advise if there is not enough room there otherwise.

4 inch downpipe sounds great. Any idea on where to get one from?

I'm going with 034 street density mounts all round. I bought a single track density mount for my daily B4 a few yrs ago and ripped it out after a few days. Felt like I was driving a lawn mower with the amount of vibration coming through

B5 1.8T quattro

B4 2.3 (decommissioned)

Comment

You will most likely have issues with the street density engine mounts, they make the engine sit higher than oem. you might have clearance issues especially as the diesel block setup sits higher.

Hopefully you may get away with it

Comment

Originally posted by Pat D View Post
                        I was thinking about the comp height after doing some calcs, I have it all written down on some note pad paper working it all out while on holidays in the US. It worked to what I thought, would be ok. I'm hoping JE willl advise if there is not enough room there otherwise.

4 inch downpipe sounds great. Any idea on where to get one from?

I'm going with 034 street density mounts all round. I bought a single track density mount for my daily B4 a few yrs ago and ripped it out after a few days. Felt like I was driving a lawn mower with the amount of vibration coming through
                        I used 158mm rods with 23mm pins (in Europe ) and there is enough height for everything. Here is a piston picture:

Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

What is the crown thickness in the dish though?
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                            What is the crown thickness in the dish though?
                            I am gonna have to come at you for this but with some rough calculations it should be approx 19mm. The specs I gave to CP where for:

Max rpm 7500
                            Max HP 600
                            Max boost 2.5 bar
                            Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

I've gone the 159mm route with pauter rods make sure you get them rifle drilled if using 21mm wrist pin. Pics on my 2ton bugswatter thread.

Tensioner wise I tried the 3b method and didn't like it as it had too much belt flap on lift of. Using stock AAN ABY is no go either as not a lot of block thickness before water jackets. Instead I made up a plate with a spacer to run the self tensioning 16v ABF tensioner which VW used to eliminate belt flap on the taller ABF engines.
                              UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

Working...
                              X