Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by V6quattro View Post
    Thanks Pat D!
    Running around 470Whp now at 2 bar. Full boost around 4200rpm on 7a cams and pump fuel. But i have a small T4 .58a/r hotside fitted now and will fit T4 .68a/r hotside soon and see what it will do on E85

Did not map my car myself but my tunes says it can make a lot more power.

I have a 2.2L engine!
    Sounds awesome, be sure to update your thread with how it all goes I'm running 7A cams .82 hot side and E85 as well. I hope full boost will be around the 4500 mark or earlier. Will see how it all goes, I plan on running the 6262 to about 2.5bar. There are lots of other users of this turbo with smaller engines reaching 600/700whp
    ABY S2 stroker (work in progress)

B5 1.8T quattro

B4 2.3 (decommissioned)

Comment

• Found a nice spot to relocate the ISV

Attached Files

B5 1.8T quattro

B4 2.3 (decommissioned)

Comment

• VR6 adapter and throttle body

Attached Files

B5 1.8T quattro

B4 2.3 (decommissioned)

Comment

• Which VR6 is this throttle body from, is it rebored?

Comment

• Is that a taper bore on adapter? As engine will only get as much air as the biggest restriction.
            UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

• It is tapered. I'd have to widen up the intake manifold as well if I wanted it wider, as its the same diameter as the adapter. I fubar'd the s2 throttle body and got this for peanuts from a 95 vr6 and is not modified.

B5 1.8T quattro

B4 2.3 (decommissioned)

Comment

• Any idea if it is a 2.8 or 2.9 VR6? And from the looks of it has a bigger bore then the S2 one, right? I'm asking those silly question because I'm on the lookout for a nice easy to mount throttle body (for a custom intake manifold) and this VR6 unit looks perfect for what I need.

Comment

• Originally posted by afterburner View Post
                  Any idea if it is a 2.8 or 2.9 VR6? And from the looks of it has a bigger bore then the S2 one, right? I'm asking those silly question because I'm on the lookout for a nice easy to mount throttle body (for a custom intake manifold) and this VR6 unit looks perfect for what I need.
                  It came from USA & I don't know what size engine it was off. It has a bigger bore, but it does taper in and then out again in the centre. It has a hump in the middle, which I think some people machine out. This is the part number of it anyways. 021133061A

B5 1.8T quattro

B4 2.3 (decommissioned)

Comment

• Time for some wiring, and shiny new parts.

Attached Files
                    Last edited by Pat D; 24 July 2013, 08:05.

B5 1.8T quattro

B4 2.3 (decommissioned)

Comment

• Nice collection - where is the rad from Pat?
                      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Radiator is from 034 Alex. I wanted to get one made up locally and was getting quotes for over 1k At least I know this will be plug and play, and has all the mounting tabs for the A/C condenser.

B5 1.8T quattro

B4 2.3 (decommissioned)

Comment

• Originally posted by afterburner View Post
                          Any idea if it is a 2.8 or 2.9 VR6? And from the looks of it has a bigger bore then the S2 one, right? I'm asking those silly question because I'm on the lookout for a nice easy to mount throttle body (for a custom intake manifold) and this VR6 unit looks perfect for what I need.
                          If it came form USA than it is 2,8l VR6, becase VW never sold 2,9 VR6 in USA. Hope this helps,

Comment

• Eat your heart out NLA parts and plumbers Took 30min to knock this up, just need to flare the hose ends now or maybe braze a steel ring on the ends for strength

Attached Files

B5 1.8T quattro

B4 2.3 (decommissioned)

Comment

• Nice one.

Easy to make it custom fit around any mods as well.
                              Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                              Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Had a custom throttle cable made up using the original firewall grommet and spring damper, etc. I measured an extra 200mm length added to the original length for both outer sheath and inner cable that was required to have it sit nicely in the engine bay. I got home and the inner cable was around 6mm too short, so I took it back and had a new inner made up with an extra 10mm and is now spot on with the adjustment on minimum, I'm sure it might stretch a little over time.

The 200mm extra length on the outer sheath should be fine for others trying to work out how much extra length is required for a Wagner reverse intake, I am however using a VR6 throttle body adapter plate that adds at least 10mm to the equation, so the inner cable length I used may not be suitable for other builds with a S2 throttle body.

Best part was that it only cost $50!

I modified the throttle bracket on the Wagner manifold to get the correct angle, just need to weld it up now.

Attached Files
                                Last edited by Pat D; 2 August 2013, 09:07.

B5 1.8T quattro

B4 2.3 (decommissioned)

Comment

Working...
                                X