X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight's job, see if ya can all guess
    Attached Files

Comment

• New strut inserts, am going to guess Bilstien B6 or 8's.
      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• B6's been in there ages now more pics
        Attached Files

Comment

• Look how squashed the old top mount was on the right these washers are such a clever idea well done Lago Blue

Comment

• Was talking to the spanner man about drilling the drain hole in the bottom of the strut but as things have been ok for the 20 years I've hade the car and the inside of the strut is clean and well sealed we decided not to do it.

Comment

• I like the option of a little gear oil in the housing.
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
                I like the option of a little gear oil in the housing.
                Me too, I've always have used a bit of gear oil since I found out there was supposed to a fluid in there, The manual say's to use use neet antifreeze. But gear oil makes more sense. I have once used WD40 but upon reflection thats a silly idea,

Being a man I didn't read the isntructions with my B8's on my RS2 and used EP90 as normal and they're fine.

I have a couple of sets of mount savers like that, only mine have a ring made of a softer material as well, I'm going to fit one set to the front of my B3 when I install the S2 springs from John and fit the others to my RS2.

Damper wise as my B3 is a budget project I may leave the original shocks in place if they feel okay as I don't have 50mm front dampers in stock got a couple of pairs of good 55mm rears though. I'll probably replace the bump stops with poly ones as I have them on the shelf. If I need to replace the front Bilstien B4's will do the job just fine.
                Last edited by K Simmonds; 10 January 2024, 14:50. Reason: More info and spelling.
                1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• He's a BMW man and said his older cars have same front suspension he just does the same bit of oil in there

Comment

Working...
                  X