Audi S2 Avant - And other stuff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I drove it out of the garage today!
    I guess everyone know the feeling when you havnt driven it for a couple of years building

Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b80km...ature=youtu.be

Fabrication of an exhaust system is the next thing on the list, 3,5" with one full-flow damper should be fine.
    Audi S2 Avant - 600whp

Comment

Today it got a 3,5" Exhaust system with one damper.
      The sound from the hydraulic lifters is no longer present, i guess they were really dry

Anyday now Im going to test it on the road a couple of kilometers to see if everything is fine.
      Check valve clearance, change the oil and do some real testing.

I forgot to write that the head also has High performance valve springs and CrMo retainers, should stick around for 9500 RPM

This short thread makes it look like ive smacked the engine together in a couple of weeks and thats definitly not correct
      I bought a stock AAN engine and have done all mods myself, all engine machining is done by Stefan Andersson at Engson Motor in Västerås, Sweden.
      He´s very good at building engines and knows exactly how to do things.
      He have adjusted every clearance in the engine for this high rpm application. The rods are milled for extra axial clearance(?), the rods were to tight on the crank and didnt allow enought oilflow from the bearing.

This build has been pushed forward a couple of times, as i put very much time in other ppl´s cars and ofcourse the dyno.

I´ve also order 5 pcs of AEM 30-2852 coils. Pretty cheap and VERY powerful.

A picture of Stefan Andersson the Legend

And someone (not mentioning any names) decided to take a dump at my BMW
      Audi S2 Avant - 600whp

Comment

Did put 20-30km on the car today.
        Worked pretty fine. I found a leakage in the exhaust manifold that im going to fix this weekend.

Thats probably the only thing im going to get time to do, maybe not even that.
        Have a few cars that needs tuning in the dyno so that will probably take up a lot of time
        Audi S2 Avant - 600whp

Comment

Warmup while testing the Oilpressure and oiltemp gauges, i found the cableharness to those today. Thought i had lost it for awhile
          Sounds really nice. I just need to tune the IAC for a better idle catchup.
          Havent touched the settings yet, i have had other things to put my energy on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBOLpbBhbM8

My love for this car is really coming back
          Audi S2 Avant - 600whp

Comment

Moved the dyno to Engson Motor (Västerås) this weekend and did the first session in a real workshop Went very well.

My brother made a cone and a friend (seems very pleased with his effort) welded it to the fan.

Then the first customer showed up, a very nice BMW 525 e34 with M20 engine.
            Too bad i forgot to take a picture of the car, but took some on the laptop

A few degrees of ignition added above 6000rpm

Raised the boost 0,1-0,15bar

Boost set at 1,5bar @ 4500-5500rpm, rasing lineary to 1,85bar at 7000rm
            Result:

Before we started we decided to stop at 500whp, as he hadnt driven it for a couple of years and wanted to drive for a while.

----

Audi

The GT4088 i put on the avant had very bad bearings and made the axle move and the compressorwheel to scratch against the housing, result:

So i ordered a BorgWarner s366 with t4-single, will be shipped together with my AEM coils leaving the U.S this week.

Ive also bought a OMP Corsica Mocca steeringwheel, forgot to take a picture of it but heres the one:

And today the snow arrived
            Audi S2 Avant - 600whp

Comment

Is there any intrest in all this dyno nonsense ?

Today I put a Supra in the dyno, its a customer to Engson Motor.

It is rebuilt for a guy in a wheelchair, so you can manuever the throttle and break by hand next to the steeringwheel and ofcourse it has an Automatic transmission.

We´re aiming for 500hp, will probably be lethal with that much power and the hand-manuever
              We´re lucky the normal pedals is also still in place

Its a AEM Plugnplay Ver2 30-6100, it has built in control for the transmission.
              We have just done some basic testing today to see that everything is working well, will proceed tomorrow.

Audi S2 Avant - 600whp

Comment

Audi S2 Avant - 600whp

Comment

Looking good! Which hub & alterations did you made in order to make it work?

Comment

I bought a hub from Luisi, made for Audi S2 with Airbag, it had dual bolt-circles to fit most steering wheels.
                    I didnt change anything else.

I began planning for putting a fuel catchtank in place of the spare-wheel in the trunk, im going to use two Bosch -044 pumps.

One of the pulls from the Supra, i let Stefan do a couple of pulls in the dyno - he seemed to like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moTi-xWGpvc
                    Audi S2 Avant - 600whp

Comment

The BorgWarner s366

Audi S2 Avant - 600whp

Comment

Lets see now.....

Audi S2 Avant - 600whp

Comment

The new BW s366 turbo and the new AEM coils are in place and it started up just fine, really nice with a brand new turbo.
                          Modify the downpipe and build a new intake pipe is the left thing on the list

Audi S2 Avant - 600whp

Comment

keep us updated, i've heard good things about bw turbo's.

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                              keep us updated, i've heard good things about bw turbo's.
                              Yes, borgwarner seems to know what they are doing so i hope it will be fine

Im planning on building my own catchtank to put in the trunk, so i tested my brothers AC-DC TIG welder to see if welding aluminium was more difficult than steel.

Seems like it went well and i can probably use it as a catchtank at the end

I will put one deatchwerk intank pump inside it. Will probably be a very clean install.
                              Audi S2 Avant - 600whp

Comment

When do you reckon you will be mapping the car with this turbo and do you reckon the head will be able to keep up with the turbo?
                                Have you had anything done to the head?

Comment

Working...
                                X