No announcement yet.

Audi S2 Avant - And other stuff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will do a testdrive at the end of the week, but a weak wg-spring wont make it fair for the turbo
    Im planning on putting it on the dyno sometime in december. Maybe I have time to adjust the camshafts for a few days to find the perfect cam settings.

450whp will be the target for the first dyno session to test the car on snow and ice. Maybe we´ll see 650-700whp this spring ? If the engine sticks with me.
    Audi S2 Avant - 600whp

Comment

Originally posted by Erikk View Post
      Lets see now.....

ooooh those are nice......what discs/pads are you planning on using?......

Comment

Im going to try them with the s8 discs thats on the car allready (~320mm) and Pads will probably be Endless , ive only heard good things about them.
        I dont want to kill them in all the snow and salt, so i will wait until the spring arrives before i mount them.

The Borgwarner turbos dont have a straight surface for the V-band to the downpipe, so i had to modify a normal v-band flange to have a 20deg angle to fit the turbo.
        Welded the downpipe to it, now its not much left before first real test on the street

Audi S2 Avant - 600whp

Comment

Yesterday i connected and configured the coolant fan, welded a pressure output in the intake pipe for the WG and the boostcontrol .
          Everything is set for a test drive later today !
          Audi S2 Avant - 600whp

Comment

Yesterday the snow started dropping down seriously, today its snow everywhere = quattro-time.

All set
            Audi S2 Avant - 600whp

Comment

Audi S2 Avant - 600whp

Comment

New oil, oilfilter and fuelfilter is fitted.

Better traction
                Audi S2 Avant - 600whp

Comment

Drove the car for a few hours today. It works really well, just need to fit the two Deatschwerk 325 l/h fuelpumps - the standard s2 fuelpump didnt do the trick when running e85.
                  Audi S2 Avant - 600whp

Comment

Now the Deatschwerk fuelpump is installed, also connected a fuelpressure sensor to the VEMS so i can log it.
                    New ignition cables from MSD instead of the Biltema crap i had before, now the energy goes to the sparkplug instead of through the silicone to end up somewhere else The biltema cables work pretty well if you use coils with less spark energy. With these AEMs they dont work at all.

The base pressure with no boostcontroller is 0,6bar with the current spring. I will tune it like this for now and try to find a spring for ~1,5bar base pressure, so it gives more boost at the lower-end.

Audi S2 Avant - 600whp

Comment

Tuned it on the dyno today.

430,2whp @ 7200rpm . (537hp with 20% drivetrain loss) @ 1,4bar boost.
                      The Deatschwerk DW301 fuelpump is almost at its limit.

Had a minor failure and broke a inner-valvespring, to get it together i put a standardspring in its place. (they can handle 12,1mm valvelift but arent stiff enough) so i had to limit the rpm to 7500.
                      Will install a new one in a couple of weeks and up the revlimiter to atleast 8500rpm.

Im using the new boostcontrol in Vems firmware 1.2.9 and it holds rock solid boost from within controlrange to revlimiter
                      Audi S2 Avant - 600whp

Comment

Audi S2 Avant - 600whp

Comment

Is that lag or what?

Comment

Haha yeah, the bottom-end power is waay to low, will try to adjust the camshafts next time on the dyno . Just did a couple of hours today to get some kind of tune to be able to drive it a bit.
                            Its too much snow to make some kind of base map on the street
                            Audi S2 Avant - 600whp

Comment

What's the sensor you wired up to log fuel pressure?
                              How did you notice the broken valve spring? Was it audible?

Comment

This one: http://shop.vems.hu/catalog/pressure...psi-p-167.html
                                Just connected it to Analog Ch 0 in Vems and calibrated it for

Yes you could hear a noise from the valvetrain, so i disassambled the head totally and noticed the spring was broken.
                                Audi S2 Avant - 600whp

Comment

Working...
                                X