Clear All

• Any updates ???
    Jim Hunter
    ------------
    1972 911S (sold)
    1987 930 RUF BTR (sold)

Comment

• Hello.

Long time no post. Well there is some news, but not as much as i hoped for when this complete mistake, i mean complete restoration, begun.

Thing is, that is went for it because i had the option to take the car to a guru of metalwork, that would do the job properly.

It is over a year now and the chassis is still not finished, but i still have hope to finish this job.

example pic:

Audi Quattro WR

Comment

• Hi,

Usually the good work always takes time and €€€ but I am sure that you will be pleased with the final result !!! Fix it properly and cry once

Jim
        Jim Hunter
        ------------
        1972 911S (sold)
        1987 930 RUF BTR (sold)

Comment

• Let me update:

So the chassis went to a yount but very talented guy for the body work, because of old bad repairs that were hidden under the paint and stonechip.

The rust-like thing on the metal are ashes from the pyrolysis, very few spots were rusty.

The spare wheel well was the worst of it

Audi Quattro WR

Comment

• Fixing the big *** speaker holes

this triangles were the second worst part of the chassis, a work of art...

I think the quality of the craftsmanship is worth the wait.
            Audi Quattro WR

Comment

• I have done some little work by myself also, stripped and cleaned the engine block that was...

went for the second oversize and forged pistons

The block was ready for painting but i decided i`ll take it for a quick bead blasting just to do the job right.
              Audi Quattro WR

Comment

• wow, that's great work there

Comment

• Stunning metal work and fabrication skills . Looking forward to more pics
                  Gav
                  S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

• Top level metal work there, it’s great to see this level of skill and work being done. Sadly a dying art.
                    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• This guy really have skills
                      Looks very promising...

Good luck,
                      Jim
                      Jim Hunter
                      ------------
                      1972 911S (sold)
                      1987 930 RUF BTR (sold)

Comment

• Good news, the metal men is back in the workshop. Lets hope he will keep up the good work.

Last edited by Skull; 25 June 2018, 13:35.
                        Audi Quattro WR

Comment

• Last edited by Skull; 27 June 2018, 11:15.
                          Audi Quattro WR

Comment

• Those old repairs just hurt my eyes. What kind of "metalworker" just slaps a patch panel on top of the old part and tack-welds that piece in place? No butt welds, no continuous welds, just slap a piece on, tack it and mask it with filler. i would be ashamed if anyone saw me attempting that kind of welds, let alone doing this kind of welding on someones car.

I'm currently restoring typ81 CGT, all patch panels are butt welded with TIG and then shaped back to straight whenever possible. And i still get annoyed when there are few places that i cannot bump flat so it will need mm or two added prior painting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zoig View Post
                              Those old repairs just hurt my eyes. What kind of "metalworker" just slaps a patch panel on top of the old part and tack-welds that piece in place? No butt welds, no continuous welds, just slap a piece on, tack it and mask it with filler. i would be ashamed if anyone saw me attempting that kind of welds, let alone doing this kind of welding on someones car.

I'm currently restoring typ81 CGT, all patch panels are butt welded with TIG and then shaped back to straight whenever possible. And i still get annoyed when there are few places that i cannot bump flat so it will need mm or two added prior painting.
                              90% of old cars are repaired like this...
                              Audi Quattro WR

Comment

• Any update?
                                I'm about to undertake a similar mistake!
                                Nothelle S2 Avant
                                Black Ur project
                                Ocianic Ur project gone
                                S2 Coupe project gone
                                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Working...
                                X