No announcement yet.

Audi 4000CS Quattro 1986 2.2T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still a nice thread, with text and photos, maybe banded rims with hub caps to further enhance the sleeper look ??

Should be great fun to say the least !

Best wishes.

Comment

Great,work.

Comment

Today I went in the morning to the local garage to get the emissions test done. Passed without a doubt, did this in beforehand going to a MOT station so I could be sure I wouldn't fail on emissions. Then later on I mounted the front bumper and other stuff and went to a MOT station and it passed it. Almost without any complaints. The MOT man spoke something about the turbo but he found in the papers it was the right one. And he also told me I should get the registration papers altered as of now they say nothing about which intercoler I use and it's a important part powerwise I'd have to note the size of it and get a new dyno paper... Thinking of getting a standard S2 intercooler for the next time it's going through MOT, shouldn't be anything to complain about then.
        Was quite funny watching the MOT guy driving the car. He had a hard time controlling the sintered clutch

Comment

very cool build

Comment

Well well, today wasn't really a fun day. Found that a knocking noise showed up so I took the camcover off tonight finding one lifter that had about 1 mm of play. The lifters are 034 Motorsport lightweight ones, or that is what the seller said they are. Well when taking the lifters out 2 were a bit harder to get out than the others. This is what I found in the 2 lifter wells.
            It's scorn on about 2/3 of the lifter wells diameter and on the other one it was about 1/3.

This is a videclip of the noise it was making.

http://youtu.be/wTRIAPPRIy4
            Last edited by Laaf; 3 July 2013, 21:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Laaf View Post
              Well well, today wasn't really a fun day. Found that a knocking noise showed up so I took the camcover off tonight finding one lifter that had about 1 mm of play. The lifters are 034 Motorsport lightweight ones, or that is what the seller said they are. Well when taking the lifters out 2 were a bit harder to get out than the others. This is what I found in the 2 lifter wells.
              It's scorn on about 2/3 of the lifter wells diameter and on the other one it was about 1/3.

This is a videclip of the noise it was making.

http://youtu.be/wTRIAPPRIy4
              can't help with the noise but to embed videos,

you goto the advanced poster option and click the 'youtube' icon and simply enter the address into it.

or you type [youtube]enter web address here[ /youtube]

Comment

Outs. Have the tappets collapse/crush? They where lightweigh? Don't know if this is the right way to fix the tappet imbedding, but maybe you can sand it really light with fine paper and in opposit direction to the scuffs, just so that the OEM tappet isn't stiff and doesn't seize. Propably it will work good enough then. Throw the lightweight tappets in the trash.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Well the OEM tappet didnt sieze there but thats a matter that can change with the temperatures up and clearances down. Going to have a look at it now but I guess I'd need to get atleast the springs and retainer out of the way to get a proper working space. But then on the other hand, I don't have the equipment doing it in situ so that would involve taking the head off.

Comment

Good timing Lars
                    http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

I have equipments for doing that with the head on.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                      Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                      BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                      BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Originally posted by jaychen View Post
                        can't help with the noise but to embed videos,

you goto the advanced poster option and click the 'youtube' icon and simply enter the address into it.

or you type [youtube]enter web address here[ /youtube]
                        It says the clip is unavailable if I do so

Comment

Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
                          I have equipments for doing that with the head on.
                          Great.

Originally posted by prj View Post
                          Good timing Lars
                          You don't say.

Comment

http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

don't put a space between the [ and the /

it wouldn't allow me to type it out as it would embed a black screen

or just use the youtube embed function like i described

Comment

Well I've met both Thomas/Thuppu and Dmitri/PRJ tonight which was nice. Went out in my S4 to get it mapped when Thomas had changed his oil and took out the MAF and put in an pipe instead for him to go MAFless. I previously had a Dahlbäck Racing / MTM Stage 1 chip. First he loaded the OEM S4 map into it, what a slow car it is at it's original state Then he loaded a map he had worked on previously and as time went on did some changes to it. It now pulls alot stronger than before and I'm happy He even loaded the old MTM map into so I could compare. Dmitri and I agreed that it was slow, really slow.

Comment

Working...
                                X