No announcement yet.

Audi 4000CS Quattro 1986 2.2T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As I'm not doing this work myself I can't really tell. I have a friend doing it for me as he is staring up his bodyshop. He has got a bodyshop technical education and participated at the time in a national competition for schools, and placed really well. Other work he has done earlier does look good too.
    But on that sill he had drilled out most of the spot welds. But the main approach for it is to only cut out the bad part and cut and fit a part from the replacement sill.

Comment

• I visited the painter yesterday as he wanted to show me how it's coming together. He had painted the roof and the pillars, and the colour looks great in the flesh. Can't wait to see the finished result.

While my S4 sits like this at the moment.

And I couldn't resist taking a turbo comparison pic as the K03s are tiny

Comment

• That color looks beautiful!

Comment

• Will be great to see a type 85 in Daytona grey. Really looking forward to the completed car.

Comment

• Great color! But the question is... was ist das turbolader?

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
            Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
            BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
            BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
              Will be great to see a type 85 in Daytona grey. Really looking forward to the completed car.
              I'm trying to get my hands on a complete Treser rear light set also to really get the look on it. I found one in Sweden, but the seller seems to have vanished. Bought a pair of Hella dark side repeaters too, looks great on the side wing that was painted earlier in the winter to show the colour choice.

Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
              Great color! But the question is... was ist das turbolader?
              It's a GTX3582R which I came by somewhat cheap on the 'bay. Obiously not for the S4, although a single turbo conversion would be quite nice to do

Comment

• Waat, you won't put it in the oldie, why?

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• It's meant for the oldie. I wrote it won't go into the S4, the blue Biturbo

Comment

• Ok, thats great! Somehow I thought you have been buying it for the S4 but you don't gona put it in after all, and wasn't even consider the oldie..

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Finally got it home today from the paint shop. It has taken some time, but I have not been in any hurry so it doesn't bother me. It is now rust free and Daytona Grey is beautiful.
                      I am still experiencing problems with the engine though. It started somewhat well but during cold start it was in the 15.5 AFR region.. It also had problems holding idle. I need to do a new pressure test and a VAG-COM scan, but when I took it off the road last November the tests showed no problem. Since this has started it has only gone worse. It started a rainy night with it going a bit lean on boost, and the day after I washed it and it was in the garage over night. The next time I tried starting it it was hard getting it going and it wouldn't hold idle very easily and of course running lean. Today it ran somewhat easier than earlier trials. I somehow believe this could be moisture harming the MAP sensor as I have been running without a moisturetrap inline with the ECU. I now have one to install, but I think damage has already been done.
                      Oh well, I'm going to show a couple of pics of the car now.

Comment

• Really nice color! That would be a nice color also on my UrS... Hope you soon sort out the engine running problem.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Working...
                        X